http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Mollie's scarf

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mollie's scarf

That bad boy's done. Come see my work.

Image hosting by Photobucket

You know I didn't use a flash so the color is somewhat off. The scarf isn't this pink - actually it's a deep maroonish red with deep brown/black flecks in it. My wall isn't that mustardy colored either. My sofa, however, actually is that beige. You can't hurt beige with bad lighting.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the basketweave stitch pattern. Very fun to knit.

Image hosting by Photobucket

My boyfriend couldn't be happier that I'm finally finished with Mollie's scarf. More time available to devote to him.

7Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, it's beautiful! Mollie is just going to love it...that is, if I don't accidentally "borrow it" from her! hee hee hee

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! I LOVE IT! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!

Man, I am spoiled. With a capital S.

Watching you Cwieka. Don't even THINK of it!

barefoot- I miss you too! Saw the other post! Smooches!

Love ya Kim, thank you so much! I'm taking it to England and Scotland!!!!

moll
aka- Grabby Scarf Girl

11:47 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Wow! You're a knitting goddess (of course!)

Sal x

3:29 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i like your bf. cute.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

I love the colour I'm imagining the picture is a representation of!

7:09 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Oooooooooo, it's gorgeous. Can you share the pattern? I have some scarves I need to get working on.

Mollie - enjoy it and keep the Evil One's hands off of it. [vbg]

9:05 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Barefoot - that's the Mom's Sophisticated Scarf pattern from the Stitch n Bitch Nation book. I used a thinner yarn than the pattern calls for and knit it on 3mm needles instead of the 5mm needles the pattern calls for (which cause it to take forever to knit) and I added fringe 'cause fringe just goes with scarves.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home