http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Glam Rock Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Glam Rock Edition

You have to love any music genre that incorporates eye shadow, platform boots and exceedingly tight trousers into one package.
  1. Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
  2. Get It On (Bang A Gong) - T. Rex
  3. Life on Mars? - David Bowie
  4. Poison - Alice Cooper
  5. Jeepster - T. Rex
  6. Far Far Away - Slade
  7. Wig Wam Bam - Sweet
  8. Detroit Rock City - KISS
  9. Rock n Roll, Part II - Gary Glitter
  10. New York Groove - Hello
Yikes! Who let the pervert in here?

On to other things while I change out of my leather jumpsuit. And these platform boots are murder on my arches.

Hmmm...come to think of it there are no other things to report. Having the car washed was the high point of the week, aside from trying two different yarns to knit Cozy and hating both of them. I'm now on my third try and so far this yarn is working well. Now I have to figure out what to do with nine skeins of 50% silk, 50% rayon yarn. The second batch of yarn I tried may just go into the trash as it actually gives me the chills to knit with it - it's so slippery and limp, rather like knitting with wet, overcooked spaghetti.

Okay...now someone help me sweep up all this glitter. Looks like a pixie exploded in here.

6Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

You could always try Clapotis with the rayon/silk.... looking forward to seeing how Cozy comes along. And just what did you do with Mr Glitter so that he required sweeping up...

12:30 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Glam rock was the theme of the last Listen2This that I got with my Entertainment Weekly -- I'd forgotten it could be fun. :)

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Now that was a blast from the past. hehehe...I love your Friday Shuffles. (Ok, I'll admit that I often don't know all the songs. *hanging my head in shame*

7:23 AM  
Blogger KatKit13 said...

What's really scary is I've heard all of those on the radio in the last week!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Glam rock was what I grew up with in my teens. It still sounds good! :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Dang Kat - I want your radio station! I can't even fathom a US radio station playing Wig Wam Bam or Life on Mars?!

Mr. Fab, loving Sweet is one of my secret vices. Don't tell anyone that many years ago when I was twelve-ish I had the hots for Brian Connolly.

Haddock - you and my husband would get along famously. Him being German and you being English means y'all likely listened to the exact same stuff.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home