http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: The Great Lace - Challenge III

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Great Lace - Challenge III

I'm still participating in the lace knitalong called The Great Lace and it's time for the third challenge. As of now I have four lace projects on needles - three at the halfway mark, which is the usual time for me to get itchy to cast on for something new, and one that I just cast on this afternoon. I tried to design a wrap and name it after my dog but I am way too busy watching the World Cup don't have the time right now to try out different patterns and figure out what's the best yarn for each so I've changed around my team strategy and have started knitting lace scarves.

Anyway, in this challenge we've been asked to write a poem about our lace teammate. As Sari will tell you, I like to goof around with haiku so my poem is an update on my lace projects and each stanza is done in haiku. Enjoy!

Bonnie Wrap is out
No luck designing pattern
I'm now Branching Out.

Not design failure
Just an underachiever
Banished to backseat.

Cozy's still on team
Lays limp and hot on my legs
Lace not always cool.

Can't knit when sleepy
My screw up is guaranteed
And I can't tink lace.

Have I yarn enough?
Can I get it all finished?
Me and poor planning.

Who gets finished first?
Wrap or scarves with wooly leaves?
Fickle attention.

Wow. This may lead to Haiku Thursdays. Entire blog entries done in haiku.

Alright. You back there. I saw you roll your eyes.

7Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I am so up for Haiku Thursdays!

You, inspiration, you! ;-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sari, I can always count on you to have my back! :-D

10:54 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Awesome! Haiku Thursdays would be a hoot.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Haiku Thursday sweet
Your artistic creations
Inspire immensely

2:37 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

In addition to Haiku Thursdays, May I suggest Iambic Pentameter Wednesdays?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

And if you're really feeling inspired, how about Sonnet Saturdays....

Enjoy the lace knitting - whichever projects work out. And the others are learning experiences, right?

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sheepish*

I've got to learn to roll my eyes sneakier. It was a good pome, tho'. :)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home