http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Fourth Advent Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Fourth Advent Edition

Christmas preparations are now strictly centered at home. The shopping is finished and now I'm left with baking cookies, finishing the wrapping (okay, starting the wrapping but we don't have much to wrap anyway) and getting my apartment clean for Christmas Eve company. I'll probably take a break to wander downtown to see the holiday shopping crowds, happy to know that I don't need to be there and if it gets overwhelming I'll just walk up the street back home.

Bixente the iPod's ready for the holidays as well and ready to give you his last holiday music shuffle - and this time he's doing it country style.
  1. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - Vince Gill
  2. The Angels Cried - Alan Jackson & Alison Krauss (sob!)
  3. Christmas Cookies - George Strait
  4. Come On Christmas - Dwight Yoakam (complete with a bottle with which you can drown your sorrows)
  5. Away In A Manger - Johnny Cash
  6. Christmas in Dixie - Alabama (heart crushing, homesickness filled, boo-hoo sobs!)
  7. Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy - Buck Owens
  8. Joy To The World - Tammy Wynette
  9. I Only Want You For Christmas - Alan Jackson
  10. Country Christmas - Loretta Lynn
How I'd love to be home this Christmas - my oldest brother will be there along with my sister and other brother. We haven't all been together since my father passed fifteen years ago. We'd love to be with B's cousins in Australia as well. We got a Christmas package from them today filled with fun trinkets and lots of love as well. We're very blessed to have lovely families.

May all who celebrate the season have a safe, joy-filled and serene Christmas. Hope Santa's good to y'all. I'll be back after the Jolly Old Elf has made his visit.

Peace.

Labels: ,

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and a Merry Christmas to you and yours this lovely holiday season. :)

11:35 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year! :)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, Santa-G and the baby dolls wish you and B a very Merry Christmas, and peace, happiness and prosperity in the coming new year.

I also hope new year's eve is clear for the fireworks. :)

11:28 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Merry Christmas, Dixie and B! Hope Santa is good to you this year.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Now that it has come and gone, I trust you are full of love for the family there and abroad, wherever they are. I know you are.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home