http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: So I Came Back

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, November 01, 2010

So I Came Back

This thing still work?

So after an absence of nearly a year and a half, blah blah blah blah...you know where I'm going with this. I blogged. I got tired of blogging. I stopped. I got to urge to write again. I came back. Your classic a-peach-and-her-blog story.

Life continued even though I failed to document it in words. Since the last time I wrote here a few things happened:

Right after I late wrote here, and I mean within a couple days afterward, my MIL's live in mooch gentleman friend, Gerd, showed his ass on my and B's tenth wedding anniversary. Obviously not literally but close. Metaphoric ass-showing is a no-no with my MIL and within a week she'd told him that he needed to find another place to live. We were elated.

Our dog, Bonnie, developed tumors around her bladder and in May we had to let her go. Putting a pet to rest continues to be one of the worst things in the world one has to eventually face. I cried until it like to broke my heart.

B and I once again became magnets for freak neighbors. The near-constant piano playing from the neighbors above us was one thing but the end was being terrorized by other neighbors. One never knew when yet another fight would break out in the hallway - complete with the smashing of beer bottles against our door. We found another flat that's bigger, more beautiful, in a better location and, curiously enough, cheaper than our old flat. We're on the top floor, I have a nice view of the city, our neighbors are nice, it's quiet here. I love it. And now that I've made that declaration in writing I've probably doomed us.

I lost about twenty pounds. I then gained back about fifteen. I'm thinking of it as recycling.

MIL got back together with Gerd late last winter. She didn't have him move back in with her but he was in her place all the time. My MIL didn't tell us for quite a while but we suspected that he was back on the scene. And as I had predicted at the time Gerd once again showed his ass and get was given the gate one final time. Really final. Changed the locks sort of final. We were elated.

I still knit. Still read a lot. Still get giddy of the idea of the Christmas market (opens on November 22nd...mark your calendars!). Still am ridiculously crazy about my husband.

The really good things never change.

19Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

So nice to hear from you. I have missed your stories. You have inspired me to perhaps think of posting again, once in awhile.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous jenijen said...

Yay! Happy to hear from you and so glad you are doing well :) xo

11:31 PM  
Blogger amulbunny's random thoughts said...

I am glad to see you back. I've missed the adventures of you, your adorable hubby and your Ipod.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Nice to see you lady!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Missed you. Do you think MIL's "gentleman" friend is really gone for good?

3:11 AM  
Blogger A :-) said...

Hey! Glad you're back. Hope you continue to post again :-)

3:20 AM  
Blogger Significant Snail said...

Welcome back! I have been gone myself...may make it back yet!

3:42 AM  
Blogger cliff1976 said...

Nice to read you again!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to catch up again.. please keep on blogging!
Kay

7:47 AM  
Blogger G in Berlin said...

So glad to see you post again. I've been wondering where you were and how things are. Looking forward to reading you again and congratulations on the new apartment: having a home one can be happy in is really important to me as well.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

My goodness! I'm overwhelmed! I had no idea that I'd been missed this much. Y'all have touched my heart!

I'll keep at it then! :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger The Frizzy Hooker said...

I love you for this "I lost about twenty pounds. I then gained back about fifteen. I'm thinking of it as recycling."

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Aimee said...

It is so wonderful to have you back on the wild and wonderful web! How weird is this, though...I stopped checking your blog quite awhile back as I assumed you'd given it up for good. Today was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing...decided to check one more time and ta-da!

So, anyway, a random reader in Arkansas was thinking about you and is glad you're back. :-)

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer Umm Farouq said...

I was driving home yesterday and was thinking of you, how I see you from time to time on FB but how I really missed your wit! And today I checked. Thrillsville, indeed, to find you're posting again.

I retired my blog last January. It's kind of like that friend who you like but you just can't bring yourself to answer the phone, and then you find you've put said friend off for so long that it would look silly to answer, even though you really do miss her. How does one save face? By answering the phone. Or writing again. Just go for it. Kudos to you, friend.

Really, welcome back. :)

7:20 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I've missed you too, Jennifer. Knowing you were out there on FB was always comforting - I knew that between that and having contact to your sister you wouldn't be able to slip too far away!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yay! You're back! :)

3:10 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Glad you're back! Yours was always one of my favorite blogs.

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Brendina Pederhold said...

Glad you're back! We no longer live in Germany and I already miss it like crazy, so it'll be good to read your posts.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home