http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Okay, let's address this

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Okay, let's address this

I have heard from someone calling themselves "stevealterfan" and he/she writes:

steve alter is one of the more brilliant writers of our time. The developer of this web site is jealous of the skills. Do your homework, all of his ideas are original. This site is a lot of bs with not any proof. Before you start slandering writers, you need to retrieve copywrite dates. How do you know Beege did not steal from Alter

Okay, let me stop the hysterical laughter before I address this brilliant rebuttal piece. I'm sure you're going to need a moment or two to collect yourself as well.

Really. I'll stop in a moment.

My sides are beginning to hurt. Whooooo....I can't stop here!

Wait a moment. I gotta head down the hall before I wet my pants from this laugh riot.

Okay. There. I've caught my breath.

Look stevealterfan, I'm not even going to address the remark that Steve Alter is...what did you call him? "...one of the more brilliant writers of our time"? Or the remark that I'm (I'll assume that I am the "site developer") "jealous of the skills". That would be the skills. Extra special ones, I'm betting, to get to be known as the skills.

Let's get to the proof, stevealterfan. Don't worry, I'll go slowly for you.

Beege made her post on Sunday, May 15, 2005. Steve Alter made his post on Wednesday, May 18th, 2005. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that even where you're from, stevealterfan, Sunday, May 15, 2005 comes before Wednesday, May 18, 2005. As for Beege stealing the post from Steve Alter, where would she have found it to have posted it before he did? Did he write it somewhere else first? Interesting as he indicates in the story that he'd been driving "last night" which would have made it Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - still well after Sunday, May 15, 2005. But let's just say he wrote it and didn't correct the time which the event was to have taken place (for example, changing "last night" to "last week" or "six months ago") - where would have Beege been able to find this previously written story to steal it and add it to her own blog?

You know I put a comment on Steve Alter's blog when I discovered the obvious plagiarism and let him know he was busted. Did he rebut with some sort of proof that Beege had actually stolen the post from him? No. He merely turned off his comments. If he'd been the one who was wronged, why not take that opportunity to set the record straight?

Buzz off, stevealterfan. I'm busy. Brushing up on the skills and all.

3Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Well I did go to church yesterday but we spent so much time on that tree and bush worship that we didn't get to the time travel stuff.

Now that's one of the skills to have!

2:03 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

As hard as it is for me to imagine that Steve Alter the Plagiarist has a fan, this apparent "fan" is not very bright.

But then again, Beege could have done the time travel thing. One just never knows.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A brilliant writer as compared to who?- I need a measurement here. Cause proclaiming someone a brilliant writer after said person being caught blatently plagerizing is about as convincing as saying Weird Al Yankivic is the next Mozart. I mean, he had some good ideas, but not brilliant works of artistry.

Steve Alter isnt even slick. Brilliant? I'm afriad I can't even understand that concept. He has lost all validity- how many other blog entries were lifted?

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home