Taken from Kara. I mean it. Put visiting her blog on your "to do" list.
Comment and I shall give you a letter. Go back to your site, and write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation what the word means to you and why.
Kara has bestowed upon me the letter S.
1. Shit - and its German brother, Scheisse. As is Heisse Scheisse. As much as I try to shun this word, it's a favorite. Fits so many situations and it has the advantage of being able to be said in a variety of ways.
2. Soccer - Likely I should call it football or Fussball but I can't seem to get the habit so my favorite sport to watch will continue to be called soccer by me. I love baseball and have since I was a child but it's nearly impossible for me to follow over here and so I adopted soccer as my substitute sport. Now I watch it more often than I ever did baseball and I believe I understand it more fully than I ever did baseball.
3. Sleep - I'd like to try getting more than 5 or 6 hours a night but I just can't stop living on US central time. The upside is I never get jet lag when I travel back home.
4. Satellite - Bless the people who developed them. They're what allows me to call Mississippi for less than 2 cents a minute.
5. Self - The older I get, the more I like her.
6. Siblings - I'm glad I can love and appreciate them more now that I'm an adult. Growing up I wanted to box them up and shove them out to sea.
7. Sugar - My crack. The monkey on my back. My worst addiction.
8. Symmetry - All of my ideas about what is beautiful begin with the symmetrical. I'm sure it has something to do with that "color within the lines" part of my personality.
9. Silk - Beautiful to wear, tricky for me to knit with.
10. Salsa - Chips' better half.
Let me know if you want to play too.