http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: The cure

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The cure

There is absolutely 100% nothing going on here today. My apartment is clean (okay, I could work on the shower doors but I'd mess up my identity as a procrastinator if I did), the weather has gone from summery warm to being windy, chilly and rainy, I don't much feel like reading (a seldom occurance), and feel even less like knitting (and I need to get my ass in gear and get some projects finished).

I am the definition of ennui.

And while I am not one who normally goes in for retail therapy I may have to take that very cure to get myself jump started. Ride the streetcar downtown. Stop in a cafe and have some tea and read a little (I love that in Germany you don't get rushed off by the wait staff - if it's full, you just share a table with someone else and politely ignore each other). Go to the yarn shop and see what they have in merino wool for a blanket I'd like to knit. Go to another yarn shop and see if they still have that gorgeous boucle yarn that I've been drooling over. And if none of that works I have the sure fire snap-me-out-of-it solution. Go to Müller, see if they have any new perfumes I'd like to try and walk over to the Clinique or Lancome counter and buy a new lipstick.

New lipstick cures everything.

4Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Now, for me, it's Green and Blacks Chocolate that cures everything. But then I've never been a lipstick kind of gal.

Hope that you shake off the ennui, and find something to spark you into life again. You could always go sit in the kitchen and admire it for a while.

And doubly-hope that you found some yummy yarn. Having yarn you love always makes a project more appealing.

K

11:04 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Trust me, if I didn't have the fear that I'd go into a diabetic coma, I'd have my face shoved so full of Milka chocolate it would no longer be funny. 'Cause I think we all know that chocolate cures better than lipstick.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

And yes, I need to find a way to sneak in some yummy yarn. B thinks I've got enough now but I need some yarn inspiration.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im SO glad you are getting some rest- you needed a quiet day!

Hope today is just as quiet and you go get that makeup treat!

Mollie

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home