http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: A bit of advice

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A bit of advice

If you want to change your blog's template, 2:40am is probably not a great time begin the task.

Of course when I get the urge to start something I usually end up going ahead with my plans regardless of the hour. I was getting sick of my old template and saw this new one that happens to be in my favorite color so I decided to see if I could get it copied over (the easy part) and all my custom stuff copied over (the tedious part) and not lose the whole damn thing.

Know what? I don't know my ass from my elbow about html and it took some guesswork to get it this good. And while it's not perfect (the edges seem a bit wonky - maybe I can find some help for that...I'll take suggestions!) it's not bad.

And the color is so pretty. That counts for a lot.

4Comments:

Blogger zoe xx said...

I do think that it looks rather fabulous, Kim! Well done, I always manage to mess my blog up if I try to change anything!

5:25 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

I'm digging the new design. The only thing is that the black print is hard to read with my forty-something half-blind eyes. But that may be just me. :-D

7:05 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Looks pretty good .. minor problem is that when you go to an individual entry, the colour fade in the sidebar makes the blog lists harder to read ... but people can get those from the main page anyway.

Oh, and if you want yarn inspiration, check out my most recent post.. mwahahaha.

Hope that whatever was keeping you awake gets resolved, and you sleep deeply and peacefully tonight.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You know, the print is in blue instead of black and I think things would look better if I could do what's now in blue in black and what's now in the pale blue in dark blue.

But I have not the foggiest notion how to change the color of the print. I'll take suggestions!

As with most things I do, I change something and when I find that I can do it without making the world explode I dig around and find something I like better. Be prepared for things to change again!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home