http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Kirsti's going to be so disappointed

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Kirsti's going to be so disappointed

No yarn purchase for her to drool over. Sorry!

I thought about going downtown today but I changed my mind. The weather, despite what my Weather Pixie may indicate, isn't so terrific. I hate going shopping when it's dreary outside. So instead I've been knitting this afternoon, doing some laundry and getting caught up on a previously recorded episode of Lost.

And you know I have yarn. What I need to do is use the yarn because I have so much of it it's beginning to become a storage problem. If I can get the three other projects I have in mind to do finished then I can being the new stuff with a clear conscience and a place to stash the stash.

I should get up and take pictures of what projects (read: endless array of scarves) I already have finished and try to post them tonight. Perhaps that'll help soften the blow of Kirsti's Dixie-didn't-buy-any-yarn disappointment.

And for a definitely-not-a-disappointment finish, I got a shipment of clothes today that I'd ordered last week. I hate the bra I ordered (different brand than I normally get and it fit terribly) but I love the cotton v-neck henley t-shirt and a pair of pale lilac colored capri pants. And this time I got them in a size smaller than normal. I was getting sick to death of being swallowed in clothes that were so baggy that I looked deflated. The henley t-shirt is white and I got a light blue and light pink one that are backordered.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds a style and then proceeded to buy the same item in most if not all the different colors in which they're offered.

3Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

You are so not alone in choosing a style and getting it in several colors. I do that quite often. Of course, clothes fit me so terribly right now that when I find something that I think fits me well, I stock up.

Love your finished projects, btw! I've not knitted lately as I need someone to help me get the hang of the English style. I found a group here in BR that meets three times a month so I'm going to head to their meeting very soon.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Definitely go to a group if there's one available. I'll betcha Kirsti would advise the same!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

*sniff* No pretty yarn? Aww. Never mind. I'll cope. And besides, I now get to feel all important that I made the title of someone's blog entry!

Yay for knitting anyway. And yay for pictures (I'll post more in that entry)

BC, absolutely join a group. It's one of the main reasons I took up knitting - to meet new people. And I've progressed so much with their encouragement and help too.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home