http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Immediate Seating Available

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Immediate Seating Available

B's new push wheelchair has arrived! I should be thrilled except they didn't bring two parts that belong to the chair and they didn't take away the old push wheelchair. I am never going to be shed of these people!

The delivery guy - someone who is not in danger of being named Mr. Congeniality anytime soon - wouldn't take away the old wheelchair because he "didn't have enough room" in his truck. Hell, in my world it looks like he lightened his load one wheelchair's worth when he came to my flat and therefore had enough room to take away the old one but what do I know? The driver is supposed to have his office call to make an appointment to come fetch the old chair. Shall I start taking bets on how long it'll be before we get that phone call?

In the meantime I'll have plenty to do with learning how to take apart and reassemble the new chair. Cross your fingers that I don't end up pinching mine.

4Comments:

Blogger Significant Snail said...

Finally!! Congrats to you both! I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to pick up the old chair! Maybe some charitable group would come get it?

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Belinda said...

man about damn time! I still can't believe how long it took for them to get that to you =( But I'm super glad he has it now!!!

big hugs to you and B!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

YAY!!!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Woo Hoo! and Oh No! I don't think it's a matter of space that he didn't take the old chair. You just don't understand how specialized people are these days. He's the take the chair out of the truck and delivery it guy. He doesn't know how to take one from the home and out it IN the truck. That's a whole 'nother skill set. LOL! At least you got the new one, baby steps.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home