http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: 05.05.05

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

05.05.05

I heard on the noontime news today that people who marry on days with particular number patterns are more likely to divorce than people who marry on ordinary days. More marriage-on-a-whims I guess.

In Germany, of the people who got married on 08.08.88, only one couple in sixteen is still married.

Oh. And happy Cinco de Mayo for you guacamole and margarita loving types. May your local Mexican cantina be having a wonderful happy hour special on Coronas .

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Id be curious as to the other patterns!!

The only numeric pattern in my family are my parents- Aug 6th, '66- 666. Still married!!!

Mollie

10:26 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Your P's got married on Anti-Christ day? Like that's the last day in the world I'd imagine they'd get married.

Well...they always were the exception!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Hey now - my social security number ends in 666. What's so wrong with that number? :-D

11:35 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Uh...I dunno. Shall I ask your pet jackel?

Cue the them music to The Omen!

12:12 AM  
Blogger BranV said...

I have a theory why more people who do this are divorced...b/c they think choosing such a day is very very clever. Which of course they are NOT clever, and the fact that they think they are just goes to show what a schmuck this future spouse(s) is/are...which will of course be revealed, just as all annoying ass habits will be in the course of marriage.

BTW, San Marcos, TX..town just 7 miles south of me where I'll be going to school and serves as my Target/Jason's Deli fix: area code 78666.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home