http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Pathetically domestic

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Pathetically domestic

So what exactly was B thinking of last week when he invited one of our neighbors over for coffee and cake tomorrow afternoon?

This lady that's coming over is nice and all. Quite nice actually. And I don't mind her coming for a visit except I'm in the throes of getting ready to have my kitchen ripped out and so getting everything else nice and tidy for her visit isn't exactly on my schedule.

I just don't know why B couldn't have invited her over when the new kitchen is in and running.

I may get a break though - although it's not really a break. My MIL has some problem with her foot - it's all swollen and she can't really walk on it - and if it's not better I'll have to drive her to the doctor. In actuality I'll only be trading one inconvenience for another but I can at least do some errands while she's with the doctor.

I got new curtains today for the kitchen. White lace curtains are traditional in Germany and as I'm not one to readily break with tradition, they're white lace. And so sweet looking I wanted to hang them right away but that would, of course, be ridiculous as you can't have curtains hanging when you're trying to paint. And the happiest thing is that they only cost 32.50€, and that was even having the curtain tape sewed on. Barganza! I thought sure I'd be forking out a good 100€ for curtains so naturally that means I can spend the extra money on some new tea tins. 'Cause I haven't had a new tea tin in a good six months and I'm due!

I'm in such high hausfrau mode! Picture me when I'm in the new kitchen wearing my frilly apron.

Note to self: Buy frilly apron.

2Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Not to mention all the new yarn you can buy with that extra money... far more important than tea tins :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I don't know. I'm pretty much a tea tin fanatic.

But you're tempting me with the yarn. Lovely, lovely yarn...

I'm beginning to drool here.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home