http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Just one UFO

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Just one UFO

and four FOs - finished objects, for you non-knitters.

This is a keyhole scarf I originally knit for Mollie but I think I'll end up keeping it and knitting her a red one. This one looks good with my jeans jacket.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Not that Mississippi offers a lot of need for scarves, I knit this keyhole scarf for my mother using a gray/black/white eyelash yarn. If you're going to knit a scarf for warmer climes, eyelash yarn is the way to go.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Keeping with eyelash yarn, I made this red one for my sister. Just a very long, very easy to drape and wrap scarf.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the moss stitch scarf I knit for a buddy of mine. It's nothing without the fringes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's the garter stitch scarf I've been knitting on for what seems to be years. It's nearly finished - honest! This one is going to have longer, shaggier fringing, I believe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I may be in the mood to buy more yarn after all!

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go Girl! Get down with your knitting self.

HUGE fan of the eyelash yarn one! Can you knit a blanket for my kitties out of that yarn? Emmett would look so adorable snuggled up on it.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Woo-hoo!! Pictures and a bunch of really nice looking scarves!

Is the keyhole pattern the one from the Stitch'n'Bitch book? I may have to try that sometime soon.

Keep going on the garter stitch - it'll eventually get as long as you want it to. But yep, definitely time to buy more yarn.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIM!!!!! These are freaking SUPER!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!! I am totally diggin on these scarves!!!!

I want my scarf..it's..uhhhh, Artically Cold in DC right now! I'm freezing!!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Kirsti, the blue and white scarf is from Stich 'n Bitch - the Windy City scarf. I was intimidated by the keyhole but it was easy. I don't know why I let myself get freaked out about it. The black and white eyelash one is a keyhole too but while I did follow the pattern up until it's time to knit the keyhole, as I remember I didn't knit as many rows because in a straight garter stitch in eyelash yarn is just knits up looser. I think I used 6mm needles for it. Also I think with the eyelash yarn the hole should be just a couple rows smaller than the pattern calls for.

Lorrie, the Stitch 'n Bitch book has a pattern for a cat bed in eyelash yarn. I'll see if I can make a couple for Sligo and Emmett.

11:16 PM  
Blogger KatKit13 said...

I wish I was a better knitter. I still try and knit with the 88 cent Wally world yarn (I've graduated from cobalt blue to screamin' schoolbus yeller)

You do nice work Dix. I had to look twice at the first one tho - it looked like a sock gone wrong! LOL

Kat (GoC for those of you scoring at home)

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home