http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Screaming meme

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Screaming meme

I'm sick of packing. I'm sick of talking about packing. I need some mindless fluff and I'm here to treat you to some as well.

Snitched from that sweet lady, Marybeth.

A is for Age - 43
B is for Booze - Erdinger Weißbier
C is for Career - No thanks. Interferes with my naptime.
D is for Dad's Name - First name Harris, middle name Dalton. He was named after a gentleman caller of a friend of my grandmother's. I guess after her zillionth child my grandmother was taking inspiration any place she could get it.
E is for Essential items to bring to a party - See "B is for Booze".
F is for Favorite song at the moment - Just Call My Name by Blackmore's Night.
G is for Goof off thing to do - Read, play Sacred
H is for Hometown - Corinth, Mississippi
I is for Instrument you play - Drums, to the annoyment of many.
J is for Jam or Jelly you like - Peach preserves.
K is for Kids - None that I'm aware of.
L is for Living arrangement - Wonderful husband, faithful dog, shitload of moving boxes, excessive tumbleweeds of dog hair.
M is for Mom's name - First name Virginia, middle name Lee. Not named after anyone's lover...ahem...gentleman caller, as far as I know.
N is for Names of best friends - Mollie, Chelle, Lorrie, Lisa, Candy, Jen, Michele.
O is for Overnight hospital stays - Latest was two years ago for surgery to remove internal organs responsible for key hormone production.
P is for Phobias - Falling, spiders, clowns, burning myself, Rick Santorum.
Q is for Quote you like - "I'm as revved up and twitchy as a squirrel on Pez." - Mollie.
R is for Relationship that lasted the longest - So far the twelve years of my first marriage but I'm aiming higher than that.
S is for Siblings - One older sister, two older brothers.
T is for Texas, ever been? - Yes. My former in-laws are Texans.
U is for Unique trait - I can snap my toes. Wows 'em at parties.
Vegetable you love - Okra.
W is for Worst traits - Procrastination, disorganization.
X is for Xrays you've had - Teeth, ankle, abdomen
Y is for Yummy food you make - Potato salad
Z is for Zodiac sign - Capricorn


4Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

I love potato salad, care to share your recipe. I like to try a new twist now and again. My secret ingredient is juice from the pickle jar.

I feel your moving pain. We leave here in 16 months. While I really don't like the leaving part I adore the arriving part. Everyday is an adventure. Seeking out the hiden delights of a new grocery store. Taste testing the restaurants, meeting the neighbors, walking about seeing people's gardens. I know I am a complete dork.

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun!!!

I'm stealing it!

5:31 AM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

Do you know, I have no idea what okra is? I may have eaten it without knowing though. I have a feeling that it is like a leek, is that right?

Chin up, not long to go, and you'll be safely ensconsed in your new abode!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh no. Okra is a sort of pod with lots of seeds inside. Most people like it sliced, breaded and fried but I like it boiled as well.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home