http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Waiting to be filled

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Waiting to be filled

My poor kitchen looks so sad. Don't get me wrong. The new flooring is so primo and Wolfgang did a great painting job. But she's all empty and echo-y and hollow feeling. The naked, renovation smeared windows are almost depressing.

Since I must have the room completely bare on Tuesday I have tried to keep what I have in there until then to a minimum. Just the kitchen table and the upholstered bench that goes with it. I don't really need the bench in there but I'm sick of tripping over the SOB in other rooms. The kitchen table is a must since I'm counterless and so it holds the microwave, the coffee maker, the electric kettle and a tin of tea.

It's like someone moved the waiting room of a Jiffy Lube into my apartment. All it needs now is a few battered Reader's Digests and a sports page folded over to the box scores.

5Comments:

Blogger Beege said...

Right after we moved in, they did a huge kitchen remodel for us. It took for-freaking-ever! We had our fridge in the dining room, all our kitchen goods in the dining room, the stove pulled into the middle of the kitchen, but no sink, so it was virtually impossible to cook anything. I SO sympathize with your remodel. But, for putting up with all that with a reasonable level of grace and patience: I have the best kitchen I've ever worked in. I will be truly sad to leave it.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I have all new respect for people in the world who have to actually haul water from wells or streams to their homes. Just having to run to the bathroom to fetch water to drink or to make tea or rinse off dishes is annoying!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Beege said...

So true! I used to think it would be cool to live "back then" but as I get older, I realize I'm pretty firmly fond of modern inconveniences.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

It may seem bare and depressing now, but it's going to look so wonderful when it's done ... hold on to that vision of all your new counter tops, cupboards etc etc.

And then get knitting :)

Happy Monday.

K

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Kim! Im so glad this is happening. I remember when Chelle and Joe redid their kitchen and it seemed to be a Construction zone for ages- now Chelle can probably barely remember the inconvenience!

You are almost at the finish line! You can make it!

LOL- Jiffy Lube.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home