http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: I know what my problem is

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I know what my problem is

I haven't been knitting.

In the last week I have knit maybe 20 rows on the garter stitch scarf. I picked it for a current project because I don't have to count rows or keep up with whether to knit or purl and it goes fast. I picked this for a project because it's mindless, destressing knitting.

Am I destressing with my knitting? No. I am busy being furious at my neighbors and having warm, fuzzy thoughts of their eviction. I'm busy hunting for where I put the tops to my Tupperware. I'm busy getting high on paint fumes.

Okay, the last one might be destressing. Just slightly.

So I need to get finished with this scarf, get the fringes put on, admire my work, maybe take a snap of it and post it here for you dear readers to admire and get busy knitting something else.

'Cause Mollie said she wants a red scarf.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do!!

You have to get into your knitting zone Kim, it keeps you relaxed!!!

M

10:58 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You need more necks. I have so many scarves I want to knit for you!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

What about chins? I've got an extra one of those...;)

I love hearing about your knitting projects. I've got about three going right now...a shawl-cho for me, a shawl-cho for Linnea, and baby blanket for a young couple who don't have much money that belong to one of my congregations. I won't be around to baptize the baby, but they can wrap it up in my love.

1:44 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Hi, Beege! You don't know me but I read your blog daily thanks to Dix's link. Isn't giving a hand-knitted baby blanket the coolest thing? It makes the gift so much more personal and gives the child an heirloom. :-)

Dix, I've got some gorgeous red chenille that I have to get busy on for Miss Elyssa. She picked it out herveryownself for her new scarf since the first one I knitted her is now too short. I'm off the learning Continental thing now and am trying to learn the English style properly. I'm not sure what I was taught but it seems to be some weird bastardization of both. I'm dying to knit something but am feeling just a bit confused at the moment. [sigh]

3:05 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Barefoot, you should just knit Continental. You're a leftie!

3:14 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Yep, definitely way overdue to pick up those needles. I'll try and post a picture of the current progress on my wavy scarf to get you inspired. It's close enough that it can count as mindless - it's a 3x3 rib, once you figure out where in the "k3 p3" you're starting off each row. I'm halfway through the 5th wave (of a total of 10) so nearly halfway done.

And I've already been asked to make another!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not the knitting- I dont think you are blogging enough!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Look lady - you'll take what you get and like it! :D

9:27 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Dix -

Continental doesn't feel "right". I've been trying and trying. So now I'm set on learning English. I've joined a Yahoo group of local knitters. They meet three times a month. I plan to join them in June. Maybe I can get some one-on-one help from an expert. :-)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home