http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: And this is just the beginning

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, May 09, 2005

And this is just the beginning

I shouldn't bother bitching because I've got a few more days of this before all is settled.

Today began what I shall now refer to as the Great Upheaval.

Over the weekend and finishing up this morning I got things removed from the kitchen. They're now mostly centered in my spare (read: junk) room but things have bled over into the bedroom. I've tried to keep things organized but I know before the week is out I'll be searching frantically for where I've put the pepper or something.

And may I add that getting the kitchen cleared out went much faster than I'd imagined, even taking my chronic procrastination into consideration.

This afternoon Wolfgang and his son, Florian, showed up to remove the kitchen for me. Poor Wolfgang - he had a bitch of a time getting the faucet and sink disconnected. They got it all hauled out to the street for the city to pick up tomorrow at dawn and Florian, bless him, didn't want to take any money for the work he did today. But I'm older than him and he's been taught not to disrespect us so he took it. He's a good fella.

Wolfgang then started on the painting. He did the ceiling and tomorrow he'll do the walls and give them a second coat on Wednesday. In the meantime there are sticky tiles in the kitchen to be washed and hooks to remove from the curtains and baseboards to get clean. We'll be at a fever pitch until Thursday when the flooring is put down but after that there should be a rest until the 17th when the kitchen is installed.

Poor Burkhard had an out of sorts birthday but he's the epitome of cooperation and has been a great sport about it all. Hasn't complained a bit.

If anyone is of a mind to pray, please mention to God the possibility of me retaining my sanity whlie all this is going on. I don't take well to chaos so this is an extreme test for me.

Now what did I do with the coffee filters?

2Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Oh dear, I liken such upheaval to a mini-move and we all know how stressful moves are. I'm praying that it all goes smoothly for you. Can't wait to see pics of the final product. :-)

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I have a prayer in that it goes a lot better than expected. Its always better to expect the worst and hope for the best! Wow- Wolfgang almost seems....I cant believe I am saying this..efficent?! And Florian- that is so nice that he was so hesitant to take money- Wolfgang and Gabi raised him right. Course- he never expected the likes of you- so I am glad you got him to take it!

Did I just give Wolfgang 2 compliments in one day????

Mollie

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home