http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: And I knitted today too

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

And I knitted today too

My apartment smells like a strange yet refreshing mixure of limes and roses due to the fact that I did a pantload of laundry today using lime scented Spee and rose scented Vernel. Normally I'd use the peach and lime blossom scented Vernel which would match the lime scented Spee but the only had rose scented available when I last needed to buy some.

And before anyone starts in how "Spee" is a bad name for a laundry detergent due to it sounding like "pee", remember that if you pronounce it in German it sounds more like "Schpeh".

Anyhow, I'm here mentioning how my laundry smells because I am so far down in the pits of dullness, the scent of my laundry qualifies as mention worthy.

That and that I found some nice blueberries today imported from France. Not quite as sweet as the ones from Spain that I got a couple weeks ago but they're likely less coated with funky pesticides as well. And luckily for the safety of my ass from a kicking from Sal, I did make it to the post office today.

So that's the sum total of my day. Limes, roses, blueberries, laundry, post office. And a successful template change.

Break out the party hats.

8Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

But what did you knit? Us obsessive knitters (well, me at least...) want to know!

Congratulations on what sounds like a productive day. Getting the little things done is always good. Even if there are no party hats around.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I know what you mean about the dullness -- I'm really bored. I'm on vacation and you'd think I could find something to do but I can't. I love the smell of limes, btw.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Kirsti, I'm still working on the Zeeby's Bag. My knitting has been limited to about a half hour a day so it's taking forever.

Enjoying it though.

I wonder if dullness is just going around lately?

3:06 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

I've started back knitting too. I finished a cashmere and fur scarf and have two more on the needles.

What does "Spee" mean?

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love to do laundry, so in my book laundry does qualify as "mention worthly".

Spee is detergent and Vernel is fabric softener, right? I think I would like Spee..I love the scent of limes. And some of the Vernel scents seem interesting too. Well, those that I could translate into English anyway!

When I come and visit Kim--we're going grocery shopping! LOL.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm- Limes!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Spee's just a name - no extra meaning. I guess it sounded detergenty to someone.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh laundry is HUGE! I sure hope that doesn't mean I'm dull. Crap, I never even thought of that. Get back with me on that one, Dix.

You know I just got a new washer and dryer and I feel like I've won the damn lottery. It's the "oversize capacity plus" by Maytag. I'm guessing they invented those especially for boy moms. I'm a freak about my laundry....You mess up my laundry groove and I'm liable to pop a cap on your ass.

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home