http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Keep your cheese - there's no whine here.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Keep your cheese - there's no whine here.

Terry Gonda CD? Fabulous. Great songs, great voice, great listening experience. Buy one, folks.

Immigration office? Good news. After a call to them this morning I have an appointment on July 25 to get a permanent residency visa. Next week I'll bring to them a passport photo, a bank statment (the money issue was brought up again but they're going to look at my other monthly sources of income) and my current apartment rent statement. It'll take them until my appointment to get the paperwork done but it seems very hopeful that I will get a permanent visa.

Hair? Very pretty. Got it cut and colored today. Well, just the top got cut - the main part we left alone because we both came to the conclusion that last time she cut it too short. Looked so good afterwards that I went right away up the street to get a passport photo made for my visa.

Knitting? Fun and progressing nicely. The Zeeby's bag is coming along well (it's done in a khaki tan and I think for the contrasting pocket that goes on the inside and the contrast stitching I'll use a stone blue) and I cast on the 143 stitches for the Aibhlinn cowl but didn't begin the knitting. Just casting on was enough for today.

Reading? While at the hairdresser's I got down three chapters of one of the fun mystery novels that Mollie sent me. Good story.

Soccer? Germany just beat Australia 4-3 in the opening game of the Confederations Cup.

Weather? Terrific. Warm with a light breeze and I was able to wear a new summer outfit. The weekend should be downright hot and B and I can get outside finally. He can't wait to take me out to dinner.

Dinner? Didn't have to cook. My MIL made beef noodle soup. I'm not all that fond of her soups but I didn't have to cook it and this time it was tastier than normal.

Packages from the U.S.? Got one today from Mollie filled with fun things from Williams-Sonoma like this and some fabulous stainless steel cooking utensils that have rubberized coating over the business end to keep Teflon from being scratched. And a copy of O magazine that I've been all over today like a fat kid on a cupcake. I have the bestest best friend.

That about covers it except to say it's been a very good day.

4Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Yay! Glad you're liking Terry's CD (and feel free to post a review on amazon and/or on CD baby - we love publicity, and every bit helps.

And yay for lots of Good Things. I'm stuck at work grading midterm exams, so no rest for me....

12:49 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Sounds like a good day all the way around. You haven't mentioned the Louds for a bit, are they quieting down or are you just too sick of them to bother?

5:09 AM  
Blogger BranV said...

Was just sitting here thinking how I missed my fellow Peanut Buster fanatic, had to visit...glad to see you've had a good one (that Mollie...she's so cool I almost wish I had an amazing single brother to introduce her to just so I could have her as a SIL). I was almost tempted to blog just to read what you have to say ;-) Need more Dix!

I was thinking about you as I was reading this mystery novel titled: "A Twist at the End"..about O. Henry when he lived in Austin, and the axe murders that occured at the time (I know we share that gruesome streak ;) ) Anywho, Elisabet Ney was featured in the book, who kept speaking English but with German sentence structure. Thought "how in the hell does Dix keep it straight"

P.S. I too am wondering what's become of your big tub of psycho upstairs.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bran, I miss you! Maybe you can adopt a single brother!

I started a new job so I am never online anymore. Im getting a pc at my home in about 5 weeks, so I will be able to log on and post weekends, nights and my flex day- I cant wait. I am on this AM because I am sitting in at the receptionist station- which is a great way to learn everyone's extensions and who they are!!

Just wanted to check in- Dix, you are very welcome- I can just picture you in your kitchen with the utensil replacements- I felt so bad that W ruined the others!! Glad you like the inset! Yay!

M

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home