http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: AAAGGGGHHHH!!

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, June 13, 2005

AAAGGGGHHHH!!

And no, that scream of frustration has nothing to do with the verdict in the Michael Jackson child molestation trail. Hell, I saw that one coming a mile away anyway.

I was doing so well with knitting my Aibhlinn cowl. The 4mm needles were really making a big difference. The work was tighter and the bobble making was easier. I even breezed through the M1.

I'd started on the body of the cowl and to me that's the really fun part. All the suffering through casting on 143 stitches and re-counting them and all the bobble making is worth getting to the fun swirling rib pattern.

And then I screwed it up. At row seven the pattern is p3, k3 and instead I k3, p3 just like you do in row one. Nice. Totally messes up the swirl when you do that. And what's even better is that I didn't notice what I'd done until I was about 12 stitches in to row eight.

Work frogged, tiny yelps of frustration uttered.

I will start it again sometime this week but I don't have the patience to cast on 143 stitches and tackle those bobbles right now. So instead I grabbed my 5mm straight needles, a skein of pretty beige yarn and I started on Zeeby's Bag from Stitch 'n Bitch. I need an ongoing project that's going to be somewhat less taxing on me.

I love Aibhlinn. I love this cowl so much that I named my character in Sacred Aibhlinn. I am going to successfully knit this cowl if it's the last thing I do!

4Comments:

Blogger meelo said...

like with kirsti's blog, lol, i have no idea what you're talking about. i do not knit! but i wanted to thank you for your words of encouragement. they mean a great deal. i will move on, as we all have to. i'll be back to check your blog, but if i don't comment it's because i don't understand the knitting mumbo jumbo! peace.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Don't worry - I don't talk about knitting all the time! :)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Awww.. when you were going so well. I'm sure you'll get there. Have you thought about using "rescue lines" - i.e. thread a thin piece of different coloured yarn through all the stitches every 10 rows or so ... then if you make a mistake, you can just rip it back to that yarn, and not have to completely redo the whole thing.

Keep at it. It gets easier. And yay for breezing through M1 increases!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh wow! I've never heard of rescue lines! I am definitely going to do that. Thanks, Kirsti!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home