http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Atomic Fury

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Atomic Fury

I'm warning you right now. I am in a seething rage. If you don't want to read a lot of profanity, you should c'mon back another day when I'm not ready to bite ten-penny nails in half.

Last week the medical supply company called to say that B's new wheelchair would be delivered today between noon and 3pm. Yesterday morning they called again to say they needed to change the time and the wheelchair would be delivered between 2pm and 5pm.

As I write this sentence it's 5:53pm and that fucking wheelchair isn't here yet. We've called the medical supply company and hooray! they seem to do one thing correctly! When 5pm rolls around they close their doors and put the recording on their phones that say they've gone home after a long, hard day of being inept!

I wish I could describe how fucking pissed I am but chances are you've been just as pissed at one time or another. I really thought we'd come to the end of the jumping through hoops it evidently requires to get a wheelchair but no - there seems to be something else we've got to do before these turds stick that fraking wheelchair on a van and bring it to our flat. And heaven forbid these turds call us and say "You know, we just can't make that delivery date. Can we reschedule?". That's all it would have taken. Now I simply don't give a shit what their excuse is because at this point the only good reason for not delivering the wheelchair today and not calling to say that they're not showing up would be that the whole damn place burned down.

I simply can't believe that any one company can be so incredibly shitty. I can't believe that they can get away, over and over, with treating us like a pile of crap. Do you know when this nightmare started? August 7, 2008. That's whem Mr. Medical Supply showed up for his first appointment with B so they could discuss what sort of wheelchair he needs. Mr. Medical didn't call us back for ages so after us contacting him again to ask what sort of wheelchairs he had to offer that would fit B, he returned for an appointment with us on September 17, 2008. We had to get a prescription from our doctor and that prescription was dated September 30, 2008 and I mailed it to the medical supply company that same day. We didn't hear back from Mr. Medical Supply - oh fuck it...his name is Herr Julius. I'm sick of hiding his identity. Anyway, Herr Julius didn't call us back to give us any information so B called him on February 9, 2009 to find out if the insurance company had approved the wheelchair B had picked out. As of February 27, 2009 there was still no progress (and as we found out, no file for this case with the insurance company) and it wasn't until we called the insurance company ourselves that we started to get any action. Well, you already know this since I've flogged the hell out of this topic on this blog over the last few weeks. The point is, I think 7 1/2 months of shit-filled customer service is a little too much.

I think what makes me the angriest is that this company gets away with this bullshit. They're dicking around a handicapped man and you know why? Because they can! Because they're really the only game in town if B needs new batteries for his electric wheelchair or needs a new bed. If something has to be maintained, replaced or repaired, we have to call these assholes and be at their mercy and they know it. They don't come right out as say "Fuck you, folks!" but that's exactly what their attitude says.

So Vitalzentrum Strehlow in Magdeburg and Herr Julius and the lady who makes shitty delivery appointments and you delivery guys who didn't show up today I'm not going to give you a "fuck you!" with my attitude. I'm going to say it plainly. Fuck you. Fuck you and your inepitude and your ass sucking customer service and your generally shitty attitude. Fuck you for treating my husband like he's nothing - like he should be grateful to be at your mercy. Fuck you for acting like we should just stand by and beg for any crumbs you may throw us. And God forbid you ever become sick or disabled. God forbid you or someone you love ever has an accident and becomes dependent on people who treat you like you're nothing but a bother. God forbid that anyone, anyone, ever treats you or someone you love with even a fraction of the disinterest and negligence that we've been shown by you.

And you had better hope to fuck that karma is nothing but bullshit.

Labels: , ,

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie Peach, I am so sorry you and Mr. B are being treated like this. Assnuggets!!!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sucks rocks! I am so sorry! I thought Germany had highly efficient, wonderful healthcare, unlike the USA. My son is disabled and although he can pretty much do anything he wants, the missing hand is a real pain sometimes.

Vent all you want. Hang in there!
Dee

3:59 AM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

Dixie and B... I know exactly how angry you are about this because I've experienced the same amount of anger and frustration myself. Of course, we all have. You communicated that well, btw. Excellent.

In this case, however, as you pointed out, the offense is so much more compounded by the fact that they're jerking handicapped people around. That is just so far beyond unforgivable and I know it doesn't change anything but I am also outraged and disgusted. If there were some way I could inflict a crippling sense of shame and guilt on those folks, I surely would.

Keep us posted... I'll be interested to hear if they ever show up and even more interested to hear how many German beers you have to consume in order to refrain from beating them about the head and shoulders right after they turn over the wheelchair... or in this case, the HOLY GRAIL. Heh.

4:44 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Incompetent boobs. I can't believe it.

Is this a small company, or is there any type of head office place you could fire off a letter to? We've found that putting it in writing and sending it off to the big cheese can often work wonders, or at least prompt an apology. Reporting them to the Verbraucherzentrale might also be a good idea.

3:37 PM  
Blogger J said...

you go, girl! Give it to 'em!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Y'all didn't know I was that foul-mouthed, did you?

Okay. Zea did. :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Alyson Mahon said...

((((((((Dixie and B)))))))))

I'm so sorry. :( I'd be furious, too.

11:51 PM  
Blogger angie said...

Poot on these people! I'm so sorry (((Dix and B)))

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home