http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Best Laid Plans

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Best Laid Plans

I'm not going to mention my diabetes. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not. Except to say that my blood sugar has been fabulous and I'm going to cry like a slapped child if I get back my HbA1c and the numbers suck. For the love of God, if I'm going to give up Ritter Sport almond bars and french fries, and I get my ass on a stationary bike every day, I want some results!

Once again I woke up with all good intentions of getting lots done. I didn't loll in bed this morning and after taking my blood sugar (drat! wasn't going to mention diabetes again!) I put on some work out clothes and jumped on my stationary bike. I've found the ass torturing ride goes down much better if I can pedal while watching The Sopranos. They're showing it here now in English but it's still seasons behind what's being shown in the US. How far behind I don't know but it's gotta be pretty far back because Tony's mother is still alive.

And that reminds me. I need to find online the transcripts of Six Feet Under for the third season. They started the third season here but I didn't realize it was new stuff (thought my digital TV service was starting back again at season 1) until a few weeks into the season. Now I gotta go back and read what I missed.

Anyway, back to my day. I did the bike torture, ate breakfast, got very sleepy and took a nap for an hour. I had it all planned out. Nap for an hour, wash my hair, go to the store for weekend supplies, come back and give B a bath. And I was sticking to the schedule too. Had a 45 minute nap and was just about to move on to the hair washing when B's friend from Heidelberg called saying he was in town and that he'd like to come over for a short visit.

Skip the hair wash and hope he didn't notice that I looked like a train wreck.

It was 4pm by the time our friend left and by that time I had lost all interest in keeping with the schedule. Hair washing is put off until tomorrow, I skipped going to the grocery store and I had B call for supper to be delivered. So much for good intentions.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home