http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Can't resist anything about books

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Can't resist anything about books

Couldn't resist this one...not if it's about books!

Nicked from Beege.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you save?

Like Beege said, the Bible would be tempting but if I choose a non holy scripture book I'd go with A Prayer for Owen Meany. It's a book that has helped shape how I view destiny and faith.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Oh sure! I had a big crush on Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now there's a man who's brave and determined and even in print you knew he was hot. And then seeing that in the movie he really is hot helps as well!

The last book you purchased?

Since I buy my books online I buy more than one at a time. One of the books I bought in my last order that I've already read is Lamb : The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore and it's become one of my all-time favorites. While I understand it's fiction and meant to be nothing more than fiction it still gave me a spiritual boost that I didn't expect.

What are you currently reading?

Since I've been so caught up in knitting projects and playing Sacred I have been poking around with my reading and only getting ten pages a day in some days. I'm still reading Designer Knockoff by Ellen Byerrum and may find out one of these days whodunit. Good, light reading but I need to get it finished so I can get into the rest of my to-be-read stack.

5 books you would take to a deserted island?

The afore mentioned A Prayer for Owen Meany and Lamb : The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal along with The Catcher in the Rye (I have a thing where I read this book annually, usually during November or December), To Kill a Mockingbird and Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi.

But Beege mentioning the Outlander series tempts me to change my mind.

2Comments:

Blogger Beege said...

Oh, I LOVE 'Lamb'. I read it when I was pregnant and I seriously peed my pants from laughter.

Those uptight Christians don't know what they're missing! ;)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I agree! And for all it's hilarity there's still the message in there saying "God's love and grace is for all, not just the select few.".

A message that I believe gets more and more distorted these days.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home