http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Anatomy of a cold

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Anatomy of a cold

Running, wiping, running, wiping, running, running, runningrunningrunning...

Eyes burn, sandy, itchy, rub, rub, don't rub they'll itch more, rub once for luck, rub again because it can't be resisted...

Sneeze, wipe, blow, blow, blow, I'll blow your house down, skin raw, each wipe makes eyes water again...

Head aches, ears ache, jaws ache, gums swollen, sinues are going to burst, first the right side then then left now both at once, where's the nose drops?

Squirt, sniff, squirt, damn it's running down my throat, burning, choking...

Can breathe again but it doesn't last long, where's the tissues?, sneeze is coming, sneeze is coming, sneeze is coming, WHERE ARE THE TISSUES?

Catch it in time, soaking paper, wash hands, wipe again, throat burns...

Soothe with honey, soothe with tea, hot lemonade, water, Coke burns, brandy in my tea, get sleepy...

Try to sleep, can't get comfortable, can't breathe, sit up, lay down, sit up halfway, nose runs, sniff, sniff, sniff, sniffsniffsniffsniff...

Everything hurts, everything's tender, nose raw, lips dry, find the lip blam and smear everywhere...

Mountain of tissues, bottles, cups, straws, lozenges, keep the dog away, drop that tissue it's dirty!...

Wimper, moan, find the quilt, head's heavy, eyes run, nose runs, wipe, wipe, wipe, lay down again...

Leave me alone.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's a worldwide cold. Alice over at Finslippy's been snuffling and snurfing, too.

I'm as glad that I don't have it as I am sorry that you do.

You have my most heartfelt chicken soup wishes to feel better soon!

10:22 PM  
Blogger christina said...

It's an epidemic! Get well soon...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Awww Dix! I am sorry you feel like crap.

(But you made me laugh)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Miz said...

Want some of my NyQuil? Gives you wonderful (weird) dreams.

Feel better soon.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Get well soon!

12:34 PM  
Blogger amulbunny's random thoughts said...

Takes about 7 days to get rid of it completly. I hope you are on your way to feeling better. It was a real bitch of a cold. Someone let the germs out all over the world this time.

annie

8:06 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

So sorry you are feeling so crappy. I hope you feel better soon!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Poor Dix -- I hope you feel better soon.

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better, dear!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home