http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: In a moment of weakness

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, January 30, 2006

In a moment of weakness

I amaze myself at times.

On a normal day I'll comparison shop with things like shower gel, rejecting bottles that go for 1.50€ in favor of ones going for 1.29€ and pass over the butter selling for 85 cents for the one on sale for 79 cents. B will drink three or four brands of coffee so I tend to buy whichever brand is on sale that week. I'm not cheap or stingy but if there two virtually identical items I'll usually buy the cheaper one.

So tell me why I bought two 89p boxes of PG Tips today and spent 3€ a piece for them. And did it gladly to boot.

And since I wasn't in the mood to be frugal today I bought a new tea tin. I collect them and I haven't bought one in ages so I spluged on a raised tin one shaped like a carousel. We're not even going to discuss how much it cost. Let's just say it's worthy of holding ridiculously priced PG Tips.

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love teas. There's a little tea place here in town where their store walls are covered from top to bottom with different teas. I've made it a life mission to try each one. It for me is also a splurge. I'd rather have a relaxing afternoon with a hot cuppa of something that tastes like real tea. I also buy the cheap stuff from Aldi but...yanno lol

9:07 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

I feel no price is too high for tea. Trust me on this one, I am so with you. I think I would have done exactly the same thing.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Huge tea fan here. Hard to type and drink tea at the same time, but I'm doing that. I'm so committed to the cause.

I think your extravagent tea purchase was for Bayern tie in packaging. Were the leaves red?

A nameless and obsessive member of my family, discovering I was communicating with a Bayern fan, wanted to know if you knew who beat Bayern in the Euro cup in 1982? (Yes it was a long time ago, yes it is a bit sad to be harping on about it but glory doesn't pass by these parts so very often!)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Was it Aberdeen? It's before my time so I asked B and he thought it might be Aberdeen.

I'm glad y'all are around to encourage my tea habit!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

IT WAS NOT ABERDEEN! The word verification says it all: "Glevh!" Mild exasperation. I suggest you undertake a project to uncover the entire history of the team. If you've got a spare month or so...

And for the record, I'm on the tea again.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home