http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Duller than a cotton ball

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Duller than a cotton ball

I don't wish to complain about it being dull around here but I did take three short naps today. Three. If there is an allotment of daily naps to be had in the world then blame me if your cranky two-year-old wouldn't lay down to sleep this afternoon.

I'd gotten all set in my mind to walk down to the river this afternoon to see the ice floes. It's warmed up considerably compared to the last two days and this morning the air was clear and dry and the sky a sunny blue. By afternoon clouds had rolled in and by the time B's physiotherapist left at 3pm I was in no state to be strolling down the street anywhere. Not only had it become overcast and quite a bit colder, I was stricken by a stomach ailment that left me doubled over with cramps. It could be a bug but my money is on my recent drive to increase my fiber intake. In an effort to eat a bit better and to keep my blood sugar more steady I upped my intake a good 50% over the last four days and I believe my colon thinks it's a stick-up.

On to other day fillers:

~ Dear Siemens/Fujitsu, Fujitsu/Siemens, whatever-the-hell-order-your-name-is,

I can get over the fact that I've had to have two major hardware replacements within the warranty period and I will say I was happy with your repair service but it's important for you to know that your recovery software blows. Blows big ones. Blows so much that as I currently shop for a new computer because your product is making me so angry that I won't even remotely consider buying another one of your products.

So there.

~ My friend, Tiffany, just asked me to knit a blanket for her two year old boy. I couldn't be more touched about that.

~ I confess. I watch Deutschland sucht den Superstar (the German version of American/Pop Idol). I've watched the other two seasons too. I start out saying I'll only watch the beginning shows with all the losers but then get all caught up in it and then have my favorites and the ones I think are losers. I will, however, deny that I've actually phoned in for my favorite.

~ Strawberry Twizzlers. I miss you.

Time for me to knit.

5Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Oh, heck, I always phone in for my favorites!

Come on, admit your geekiness, revel in it!! hahahahaha

3:47 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Ditto on the naps. I'd nap all day if they'd let me. And sorry about the stomach ailment. Hopefully it is just the fibre. That stuff can do a number on you when you least expect it.

Mr. Fabulous commented on my blog today that the life of an expat seems so "glamourous and keen". Isn't he funny? We better set him straight, eh? ;-)

I think I'll go mop my floor now.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Lisa, you're killin' me here! As my friend Mollie would say "She's revved up like a squirrel on Pez!" Heh!

You know I never did watch Star Search except for a few times. I know who you're talking about though - the guy with that creepy beard. I just saw him on TV the other day and he's cut that braided beard thing back. I didn't get started on that model search thing either. I don't usually watch TV during normal times and on Wednesdays I record Six Feet Under off of Premiere and then Las Vegas on my hard drive recorder. B and I both love Heidi Klum though so maybe I'll run the show in the background. Agree with you about how annoying Dieter Bohlen is but he can be rather amusing. Have a favorite DSDS candidate? So far Tobias is my guy.

Oh and your little cartoon self is sqashed down because the space is smaller than the space where my cartoon is located. That's why I don't use mine as a profile picture and just have it on my sidebar.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh! And Christina! Shhhhh! We're supposed to be making everyone think that expats lead the jetset life! Heh!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I even made it to the blog! Now I feel totally indebted! ;)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home