http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Why yes, I'll have a second helping!

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Why yes, I'll have a second helping!

Because I seem to be a glutton for punishment!

I must be an idiot but I do love a challenge. For reasons beyond my ken I have decided to take up the challenge of the Knitting Olympics. I tend to work better under pressure and if I have the deadline of sixteen days to get it done then maybe I'll have the baby blanket for my friend, Zea, finished. God knows the deadline of nine months of Zea's pregnancy wasn't enough! I'm at the point where I've got to get this done or I'll be presenting her daughter the blanket at her high school graduation.

I have started this blanket twice but haven't liked how it was turning out due to the yarn and pattern both so I'm going to take that terrific yarn I bought yesterday and knit the wavy boxes baby blanket. I can do that in sixteen days, right? Nevermind that I've been taking weeks to finish the basketweave stitch scarf for Mollie. This blanket should surely go faster, right?

If you seen great gaps in my posting, you'll know what I'm up to. Wish me luck!

7Comments:

Blogger leon's life said...

Good luck, you almost make we want to get my needles out of retirment.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Elan Morgan said...

Hey, if you have a hard time finishing a knitting project, that pattern also works really well for washcloths. I just made two last week.

4:05 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

I love that pattern. The first baby blanket I ever made was a basketweave and it came out so cute.

I'm thinking I'm going to jump into these Olympics myself. I've got some really soft, raspberry colored novelty yarn just itching to be knitted into something. I want to make something for Kay Kay's birthday on February 10th but it can be late. :-)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I love urging anyone to get back into knitting if for no other reason than I love to discuss yarn with them. I'd rather talk about yarn more than talk about cupcakes and that's extreme!

Schmutzie, I have wanted to knit up some dish/washcloths. I have a ton of cotton yarn that I'm not doing a thing with and you're right - this pattern would be great.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see you on the list! I looked under Kim, Dixie and Kimberly! Are you going to put a game face photo up??!!

Moll

ps- Gimme my scarf.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well I signed up last night. Maybe it takes her a few days to update the listing.

Look sister, you'll get the scarf when I get done. And if I don't get this scarf done I'm going to end up burning it.

12:03 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Bwahahaha! ((((Molls)))), I miss you girl. Good to see you.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home