http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Tagged, Part I

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tagged, Part I

Let me again thank everyone for their heartfelt support yesterday. I know my friend will be touched to know so many have sent good wishes.

And so to get back into the normal swing of things, let me catch up on a couple tags I've received. Could be repeats but what the hell? A good meme is like a Snickers bar for lunch. Not the best thing to have but dammit, it's tasty.

The AngryBlackBitch has given me this tag. Want some political commentary mixed with some great humor from a woman who doesn't just talk the talk but walks the walk? Go read her blog.

List and Explain Five Weird Habits:

1. I don't like for my hands to be wet. If I'm cleaning I try to do everything to avoid putting my hands under water as much as I can and dry my hands a zillion times while cleaning. And of course if I wash my hands, which I do a lot because I take care of a quadriplegic and he doesn't need my hands to be dirty, I have to dry them completely. Damp hands irritate me no end.

2. After I eat a cup of peach yogurt I have to smell the empty cup. I just love how it smells. It freaks out B though and he accuses me of looking like the Frank Booth character in Blue Velvet.

3. How I eat M&Ms: Must be peanut M&Ms. Take M&M and crack longways in half. Eat one half. Use bottom teeth to dig out peanut. Eat peanut. Eat other chocolate half.

Alternative method: Leave M&M in mouth until sugar coating is nearly melted off. Chew up rest of warm, mushy M&M.

4. I need to be able to know what time it is at all time. Not liking to wear wristwatches while at home, I have clocks in every room. I have four clocks in my livingroom alone.

5. Not a weird habit but a pet peeve: I go crazy if I see "y'all" spelled as "ya'll". Y'all is a contraction of "you" and "all", not "ya" and "all". The apostrophe takes the place of the "ou" in "you", thus making "y'all".

Won't do any tagging myself because I'm not sure who's done this and who hasn't. Feel free to swipe for yourself should you need a little blog fodder.

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, i feel the same way about y'all. drives me fruit. except i've seen so many southerners spell it ya'll that i was starting to think maybe i had it wrong. since you're a mississippi girl, i'll trust that you spell it right and if anyone questions me, i'll say that dixie spells it the right way, too. :)

(and i didn't get over here yesterday, but i'm also sending good wishes to the anonymous friend.)

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I eat M&M pretty much the same way... I don't even realize I'm doing it. I do the same with Goldfish. I stand them up between my teeth and split them on the seam length-wise. Crazy.

I'm also the same way with clocks. But I wear a watch most of the time, too. And I also just like clocks, so I collect them. But I tell time on my digital clocks... I collect analog clocks.

And I usually have at least three calendars. Right now I have three, plus my desk calendar. I got in the habit of that working in TV... seems like I always needed to be surrounded with calendars so I could plan programming.

It is y'all. You're totally right about the contraction. I have significantly less of a southern accent that most people who live here, but I've always used y'all.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Shark-Fu said...

Ha! Fantabulously weird!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Ha, I suck on M&M's as well but smelling the peach yogurt container... that's a little out there.

Agatha has to wash her hands all the time too, it's a Quad thing you're right what can I say, we require clean hands. A&D between washing always works.

I have a clock on the computer, the cable box and a large clock on the wall, all within 5 feet of one another. I wear a watch that is automatic which my friends have to constantly wind because I don't move my arms enough for it to work properly!
And sometimes I still yell out..."Agatha, what time is it?"

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home