http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - British Invasion Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Shuffle - British Invasion Edition

You know, if there's anything that makes cheesy pop music better it's being cheesy pop music from Britian!
  1. Sunshine Superman - Donovan
  2. Silence is Golden - The Tremeloes
  3. Sugar Baby Love - The Rubettes
  4. New York Mining Disaster 1941 - BeeGees
  5. To Sir, With Love - Lulu
  6. I Don't Want To See You Again - Peter & Gordon
  7. Everytime I Think Of You - The Babys
  8. Come And Get It - Badfinger
  9. For Your Love - The Yardbirds
  10. Tired Of Waiting For You - The Kinks
More British than beans at breakfast!

And in keeping with our British theme...

~ I'm so heartbroken that the English shop where I get my PG Tips fix no longer carries chocolate HobNobs. No HobNobs of any sort! No more nobbly, oaty goodness for me!

My blood sugar is likely very happy about that. I've been rationalizing it as extra fiber.

~ This afternoon I watched 84 Charing Cross Road for what must be the dozenth time. I've never read the book but I loved the movie from the first time I watched it and every time I come across it on TV I have to stop and see it again. I was always captivated by the idea that people could forge a friendship through correspondence alone. Now when I watch it I can see some of myself in the film because of the friendships I cherish with people from all over the world - people I've never seen and likely will never see.

Y'all swing on your weekend like a pendulum do.

9Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I just was listening to Every time I think of you a few minutes ago, how weird!!

Love the shuffle!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Send me your address and I'll send you some Hobnobs - a girl can't be without them!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Have a good weekend as well Dixie :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Babe - I'll send you tea and biccies - just say the word! I have your addy so it's no problem at all....anything else you desire?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sue, I'll swap you sock yarn for Hobnobs!

Sal - You know I'll swap you something too. Need anything German?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Hmm--I'll have to watch "84 Charing Cross Road" again because I don't remember what it's about--it's been that long ago. But you're right about how wonderful it is to strike up friendships with people all over the world through blogging. Virtual friendships that become very real to us! So glad you're one I'll hopefully meet soon :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I've never seen 84 Charing Cross Road but have always meant to -- I'll have to add it to my netflix list.

Loved your shuffle -- Sunshine Superman always makes me smile -- don't know why but it does.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Mr. Fab - That particular BeeGees song certainly does! 1967. Prime British Invasion time!

3:40 PM  
Blogger 100 Farmers said...

Okay,
Had to try Hobnobs after your post. Yummy. You now have a family fighting over the can here in Dallas, TX.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home