http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Fighting a Cold Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Fighting a Cold Edition

Reaching under the piles of tissue to switch on Bixente the iPod, set him to shuffle and see what sort of love he gives back to me.
  1. Sunday Morning Coming Down - Johnny Cash
  2. Louisiana 1927 - Aaron Neville
  3. Tall, Tall Trees - Alan Jackson
  4. String of Pearls - Glenn Miller Orchestra
  5. Human - The Human League
  6. Porcelain - Better Than Ezra
  7. Once in a Very Blue Moon - Nanci Griffith
  8. Mr. Brightside - Killers
  9. This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak For You) - The Isley Brothers
  10. Scarecrow People - XTC
Ahhh...I feel my sinus pain easing already.

And as for the rest of my day...

~ My sinus infection is somewhat better - thanks for all the sympathy and get well wishes! I feel better now that I did this afternoon.

~ When I went to the bakery this morning I saw a clown walking around on the street, sort of hanging around near the streetcar stop. I had to bolt in the other direction. I can't do clown before I've had my tea.

~ You know I'm sick if while shopping this afternoon I attempted to squeeze by an employee restocking the condensed milk and she snapped at me "I'm working here!" and all I did was mumble an "I'm sorry.". Had I been feeling better I'd have smiled and perhaps direct her to a new site upon her person where she could restock her condensed milk.

~ I wasn't able to resist buying lipstick today. It cheered me up even though it turns out that it's a little dry feeling.

~ Choco Leibniz cookies pretty much make up for not being able to get Girl Scout cookies.

Have a swellegant weekend, y'all.

10Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

I am so glad you are feeling a bit better.

I have a question if you are so inclined. When you mentioned the sinus infection and antibiotics I couldn't help but wonder about the health care in Germany. For a mom to get into the doctor and get antibiotics for a child in America is most of the time a pretty awful experience. I wonder at the cost, how hard is it to get in and see a doctor, or do you even need to physically go to the doctor, do you have to sit in the waiting room for hours past your appointed time, etc? Care to enlighten you adoring fans about what it is like to need medical care in Germany?

11:47 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well everyone here - most everyone, anyway - has health insurance. Unlike the health insurance I had in the US, I don't pay a deductable or do paperwork or anything else so I don't worry about extra doctor bills. When you're hospitalized you have to pay a certain amount per day of hospitalization but it's not nearly what most people in the US pay.

Generally I don't have to go see my doctor. She comes for a housecall to see my husband every 4-5 weeks anyway so she sees me at the same time - it just happened that both time I've been sick since New Year's she was here anyway. When I have been sick at other times I call early in the morning for an appointment and she gives me a time to show up. We're a bit slim on doctors where I live so sometimes I have to wait an hour or two if she's really busy - she can sometimes see 100 patients or more in a day. I know she does not take walk-ins after 9am so if you're not scheduled by then, you don't get seen.

I honestly can't personally complain about the health care I've received in Germany.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Nice to hear your on the mend. I like chinese food with hot mustard when my sinuses give me trouble, the effect of the hot mustard gives some relief. (At least for a little while!)

8:12 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

I too, cannot do clown before tea. I just can't.
You have no idea how difficult it was in France to go to bakery pre-tea. Now I gulp down a cup, run to the bus stop, and have bakery items with tea in my go mug on the train.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. That was a good shuffle by the way -- Johnny Cash AND Glenn Miller AND The Killers -- cool.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Swellegant! {grins widely with a hint of sophistication.]

I'm adopting that one as my new lifestyle choice.

Onions, in all their varied guises, are supposed to be good for the sinuses. Prevention is better than cure. I suggest garlic bread, leek soup and onion rings to leep yourself healthy.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

WOW!!! SUPER!!!
I looovvvveee it in here...it's so Southern Girl of you Miss Dixie.

Feel better my love.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

The clown-before-tea routine would do me in, too. Glad you're better, and with "swellegant" in your vocabulary, you're sure to be on top of the world soon!

3:58 PM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I can't do clowns, period. I'm not afraid of them, I just find them the most unfunny creatures on Earth, which is irritating because it's their whole job to be funny. They bring out a violent streak in me that I can't quite explain.

Thanks for stopping by my blog...yes, Steve Alter is still blogging. Apparently he was feeling like the heat was off since you found him out and had reinstated comments on his blog. Now since I found him he's disabled comments again and removed the post he stole from me. I can't believe it took me this long to find out that....Steve Alter is a plagairist.

11:26 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Do you ever use a Neti pot? I swear by them. I would have a sinus infection every 6 weeks without my precious little pot of sinus-cleansing warm sea salt-water. Sounds crazy, works a treat.

And since EVERY time I come here I get a yearning for the summer peaches(sigh), I have to know--is it possible to get a decent peach over there, ever? What about tomatoes? Or anything even resembling a Vidalia?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home