http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: New clothes

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New clothes

As you can see, I have a new blog design. Thanks to the lovely folks at Design-A-Blog, I am sporting a new look.

I had been wanting a new design for ages but didn't know how to do it myself, didn't have the time or patience to learn and I didn't really know where to go to get one done for me. Mr. Fabulous had his blog redesigned by them and after I read their site, saw what they do and saw their price, I knew my wish of having my blog redesigned just for me at an affordable price could be achieved.

I'm very happy with it. It's just what I wanted and the reason it's just what I wanted is because they listened to my suggestions and did all they could to fulfill my wishes.

If you're looking for a change for your blog and are looking for something to fit into your budget, give Design-A-Blog a try. They do all the nasty, gritty, greasy stuff so all you have to do is sit back and look good! And tell 'em I sent you! And steal that little button off my sidebar while you're at it!

Shameless plug over.

Just a few stray things...

I have a suggestion for Deutsche Post. If you no longer want people to pick up packages at your normal post offices and now wish for them to use your automated, fancy touch screen (ooo...I'm all about touch screens), pick-it-up-whenever-you-want package center, could you at least put the package centers in a part of town where actual humans frequent? At the end of an industrial road isn't the best location.

I'm breaking my promise and am mentioning my knitting because dammit, this merino wool I'm using is fab. u. lous. Sweet Jesus, it hardly feels like wool, it's so soft. If it wasn't the fact that I'd be stealing from an actual baby, I'd keep this blanket. Oh wait. I already am keeping one blanket I've knit for this poor baby who has to endure Dakota winters.

There's someone in my building with atrocious body odor. I get in the elevator sometimes and it reeks of that funky, oniony body odor smell. But then on the flip side there are two people in my building who smell great. One is wearing a perfume that practically makes me swoon and another is wearing an after shave that makes me feel all...uhhh...nevermind. Smells good though. It almost cancells out the BO culprit.

I'm off now to gaze lovingly at my new blog design.

12Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I love your new clothes!! Beautiful!!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Dix: It's lovely!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Virginia Pickel said...

Fabulous new design Dix!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Wow! Great design job. I love it - well worth the price, definitely. *may have to go check them out*

4:21 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Oh, now this is nice. Understated and eyepleasing. Very nice indeed.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooOOOOOooo merino.

where do you get your wool from?

and I've been quiet on the blogging/commenting front because I'm trying to knit a lace shawl for my sister in law....yeah, I'm in over my head LOL

8:35 AM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Nice design. I like it :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oooh, very pretty. I love the peaches.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Beautiful new clothes, very cheerful.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love it! I especially love the handdrawn look to the peaches in the background and the header plate. It must feel so refreshing to have a whole new look.

5:04 PM  
Blogger amulbunny's random thoughts said...

Dixie it's lovely. Just what I would imagine for a peaches sorta gal like you.

Sure perked my day up when I saw it.

annie

9:16 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Thanks for the compliments. I have to give Design-A-Blog full credit for making me purty.

Belinda, I usually buy my yarn at Karstadt but there are a couple other yarn stores in town I drop in once in a while.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home