http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Shuffled, Not Stirred Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Shuffled, Not Stirred Edition

C'mon...it's easy! Turn on your favorite music maker, set to shuffle, say the first ten it gives up. Olives are strictly optional but a nice twist of lemon adds a refreshing touch.
  1. Alibi - David Gray
  2. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
  3. Mama Told Me Not To Come - Tom Jones
  4. The Willow Garden - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  5. Champagne Supernova - Oasis
  6. Back Home Again - Blackmore's Night
  7. Wig-Wam Bam - The Donnas
  8. American Girl - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  9. Rad Gumbo - Little Feat
  10. Ashamed of Myself - Pursuit of Happiness
Wig-Wam Bam is evidently stalking me - last week Sweet, this week The Donnas.

And wrapping up the work week...

~ Dear City of Magdeburg. I understand that there is a new "Keep Magdeburg Clean" campaign going on and that this campaign will be especially important when World Cup visitors begin arriving but might I suggest that sweeping the main road in the city at 11:15 on a Friday morning is an incredibly stupid idea?

~ My doctor's office called me Wednesday to say that the doctor forgot to take my quarterly H1Ac blood test the last time I saw her and she had to have the test in to the insurance company by the 31st. I came in to her office quite early yesterday so she could get the blood and have it go out at the 9am lab run. Today she called to ask me if I was sick - a cold, sinus infection, repiratory funk, whatever because I have an elevated white blood cell count and she needs me to come back in Monday to give more blood to see if the lab just made an error or if I have some undiagnosed infection or something even more sinister going on. It's nothing more sinister, don't you think? I mean if she thought the white cell count was so high that it was something sinister, she'd have made me come in today, right?

I'm trying to avoid giving the panic button a workout this weekend.

~ They cleaned, filled and turned on the fountains outside of my apartment building. That means spring has officially arrived. It also means the sound of all that running water makes me have to pee a lot.

~ Knitting lace isn't so bad. Knitting lace while trying to watch the second season of the Gilmore Girls on DVD isn't bad either but gives hellish results.

Hope your weekend is the grooviest.

9Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Maybe your white blood count is still elevated from when you were just sick a while back. Keep us posted about this.

I didn't know Tom Jones did Mama Told Me Not to Come.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh he indeedy does. A grooving version with Stereophonics.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

A wise Ya-Ya once told me-Don't borrow trouble, sweetie. Whatever it is already is and all the fretting in the world won't change it.

Love you my peach!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

So glad to know spring has officially arrived there (at 80 F today, no question here in Atlanta!). But sure hope there's nothing to be alarmed about with your white blood cell count. Do let us know what happens with that.

4:19 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Yeah, what Tiff said.

It's not more sinister. It's just leftovers from your last bout of yuckiness.

How about a phone date tomorrow (Saturday)? 2 pm my time?

4:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, the whiteblood cell count is from your left over flu. Also, if it was bad, they would have you come back earlier.

I am beginning to think that you should burn these CDs. They rock. It kind of reminds me of the movie High Fidelity and trying to make the perfect mixed tape.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

You know how people get really bad high blood pressure results coz the stress of being at the doctors pushes it sky high: maybe stress does the same thing to your white blood cells. Fingers crossed it's a nothingy fluke.

Enjoy your weekend too.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope nothing is wrong. Hope your weekend still is pleasant.. yes running water has that effect with people...and for little ones, it draws their hands in.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

You're perfectly fine and that's that!

TOM JONES!!! Wow Dixie, you took it back...He was the grooviest of all. I'm going to have to pull out some old CD's...

Kisses to you and B, I'll write soon

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home