http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Good day

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Good day

Today was indeed a new day and as I suspected it was better than yesterday. I'd started out on the wrong foot yesterday and it just kept going downhill.

Example of downhill day: I had my and B's suppers on our plates and had just shook some pepper onto my mashed potatoes. As I was switching the pepper shaker to my left hand so I could set it on the counter the top came off and the entire contents of the pepper shaker came out - on B's dinner plate.

But since I'm a believer that what you send out into the world is what returns to you, I started this day trying to think of only good things and so today we're going to concentrate on what's good, what makes me happy and stuff I dig the mostest.

~ Raul Malo. Sweet Jesus, I love that man's voice. Do you think his wife makes him sing to her all the time? Is he even married? Is it possible that I could persuade him to marry me?

~ I was thinking today back to when I was a little kid how I liked to sit in the car to read. Even though I had my own bedroom, our house was never quiet. Chaos and bedlam would be better words to describe our household. I remember that feeling of laying on the warm vinyl seats, feet sticking out of the window, and feeling the breeze come through the windows and across my skin as I read about Laura in her little town on the prairie or Stuart Little on his adventure to find his sparrow sweetheart or about how a spider with the help of a rat could save a pig. Sometimes if I promised not to leave it on too long my mother would give me the car keys so I could play the radio. Cheesy pop music on AM radio and books and a little private time.

~ I love my Aunt Cora. Completely adore her. She always made me feel like I was the most important thing in the world. She still does.

~ Thunder and fireworks. The loudness of them startles me and I hate that but the excitement of both is irresistable to me. There's something about things that scare and fascinate me at the same time that I love.

~ My friend, Preacher Beege, said this not too long ago on her blog:

Give God a chance to reach you in spite of it all. Because he will. He's wildcrazy in love with you, and he won't let anything (not even the church) keep him from getting to you.

I love that so much. I love it so much I get tears in my eyes when I read it. I love that I'm friends with someone so smart and so compassionate and so amazing that she could say something that important in such a great way.

~ Linden trees. I love how they smell when they bloom. I could get high from them.

~ Here's the advantage of having a husband that can't run away from you: I like to hold B down and blow on his neck until it tickles and he gasps for breath and makes that sort of silent scream. It's not fair but I love his face when I look up at him - half laughing, half panic.

~ My sister and I could watch The Andy Griffith Show until our eyes drop from their sockets.

*sigh*

Feeling better already.

9Comments:

Blogger Marshamlow said...

So glad you are having a good day. Very wise indeed to realize how much control you really have over the quality of your life.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

I absolutely loved that quote from your friend. I'm glad you're feeling better. Bad days suck.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Miz said...

That quote from your friend remindes me of Romans 8:38.

To quote from Living Bible-
"For I am convinced that nothing can separate us from his love. Death can't, life can't. The angels won't and all the power of hell itself cannot keep God's love away."

Glad your felling better!

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better today! :D the sun is shining out where I am and I hope it's shining for you too Ms.D!

8:37 AM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Thank God it got better so quickly...I didn't know what to do or say for you after that last post, so I just prayed.

And who is this other "belinda?" Hmmm....investigation is in order!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I'll have to check Raul out too. Glad your day was better. Usually things change from day to day luckily. :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Definitely glad that today's going better for you. Beege's words made me tear up too. Thanks for linking to them. Hope that things continue on an upwards trajectory.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Raul Malo is the singer for The Mavericks so for the most Malo, check them out.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

Oh, Dixiegirl--I'm blushing! I love that I'm friends with you, too!

I used to read in my Dad's old 51 GMC pickup. It was my special hiding place. I loved the smell of the oil and the gasoline and I loved the little plastic statue of Jesus that lived on the dashboard. :)

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home