http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Death by meme

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Death by meme

I'm not much in to talking about myself right now - mostly because what there is to say is either not very interesting or is stuff that is currently avoiding being put into words - so let's kill a Sunday evening with a little meme fun.

Swiped from Belinda. Not this Belinda, but this one. Read 'em both - they're terrific ladies and more than amusing!

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they are any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.
  1. Mayor of Simpleton - XTC I've recently rediscovered my Oranges & Lemons CD and this is my favorite track from it. I remember the first time I heard the song - I was driving home from work and it came on the radio and I was so crazy about it that I took the next exit to the mall, walked into the record store and walked out with the cassette. Played it until it finally broke. I just love this song's simple declaration of love.
  2. All I Want Is You - U2 It's more than just my very favorite U2 song. It's got a melancholy sound that seems to be resonating with me lately. I've been listening to it each night before I go to sleep.
  3. Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson My hot guitar fix. I'm crazy for the drums on it too.
  4. Little Willy - Sweet I heard it by chance on TV and it got stuck in my head. It also happens to be some of the ear candy crap I have on Bixente the iPod so I'm responsible for it staying stuck in my head. Dopey lyrics but a nice bass line and good drums. More cowbell!
  5. I Want To Know - The Mavericks I'm always a sucker for Raul Malo's voice and play a lot of Mavericks anyway but this song is my current Maverick obsession and I dance around the apartment listening to it, wildly whipping around my hair. I was thinking that if I were ever on American Idol, this would be a song I'd want to sing.
  6. Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones Makes me feel fourteen again. The good part of fourteen, that is.
  7. Tuxedo Junction - Glenn Miller Orchestra I've been obsessing over this tune for nearly two months now and I'm not sick of it yet.
I won't tag but I'd love to see what y'all are currently digging on. Especially you, Sari.

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh the U2 song...I love love love that one. It makes me wanna smooch all over someone.

I gotta check out the others in the list! :D

hope you had a good weekend Ms.Dixie!

12:31 PM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

'Cause little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Argh! Now it's in my head. [vbg]

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home