http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Hoping My Memory Doesn't Fail Me

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hoping My Memory Doesn't Fail Me

As much as I protest about the goofiness of memes, I certainly do my share of them. I think I protest in an effort to convince y'all that my arm is practically being twisted to get me to participate. In reality all it really takes is a meme about music, books or movies.

Today it's music. Swiped from Kara.

1. Go to Pop Culture Madness. Click on "pop music" on the left sidebar. Scroll down a bit and find the hits for the year you turned 18 years old.

2. Copy and paste the top 75 songs of that year.

3. Bold the ones you liked; strike the ones you disliked; and italicize the ones you knew but didn’t exactly like or dislike. The ones you don’t know will stay plain text.

I hope I can remember which ones I liked way back in 1980 and not mix them up with ones I liked and later hated.

1. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
2. Theme From New York New York - Frank Sinatra Worst Sinatra song ever. Ever.
3. Another One Bites The Dust - Queen Not the worst Queen song ever, but close.
4. What I Like About You - Romantics Every time I hear this song I remember flailing around to it in Poseurs on M Street in Georgetown.
5. Funkytown - Lipps Incorporated Disco couldn't die fast enough for me.
6. On The Road Again - Willie Nelson I like maybe two Willie Nelson songs. This isn't one of them.
7. Another Brick In The Wall (part 2) - Pink Floyd This almost became our "class song". Thank goodness us rednecks banded together and picked Free Bird instead.
8. Master Blaster (Jammin) - Stevie Wonder
9. Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang
10. Fame - Irene Cara
11. Ladies Night - Kool and the Gang
12. Take Your Time (Do It Right) - S.O.S. Band
13. He's So Shy - Pointer Sisters
14. Feels Like I'm In Love - Kelly Marie
15. One In A Million You - Larry Graham Took me a minute to remember this song. I was sorry I remembered it.
16. Any Way You Want It - Journey Oh I loved this song! It reminds me of my first love.
17. The Rose - Bette Midler Awwww...what a sentimental favorite!
18. Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray
19. Off The Wall - Michael Jackson
20. Rock With You - Michael Jackson
21. I Wanna Be Your Lover - Prince I swear, I can't remember this song for the life of me.
22. Upside Down - Diana Ross
23. On The Radio - Donna Summer
24. Volcano - Jimmy Buffet
25. Lady - Kenny Rogers I can't stand Kenny Rogers but the rest of his work is genius compared to this shit.
26. Whip It - Devo
27. Love Stinks - J. Geils Band
28. Cheap Sunglasses - ZZ Top I had many cheap sunglasses mornings during this time of my life.
29. You Better Run - Pat Benatar No memory of this one.
30. Look What You've Done To Me - Boz Scaggs Not his best song but I have fond memories of this song.
31. Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
32. Misunderstanding - Genesis One of the few Genesis songs I like.
33. Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar
34. This Is It - Kenny Loggins My friends and I would sing along "This is shit!".
35. Cocaine - Eric Clapton
36. You May Be Right - Billy Joel Can't stand this song now.
37. The Long Run - Eagles Another I liked at the time but don't care for now.
38. My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys - Willie Nelson This isn't one of the Willie Nelson songs I like either.
39. I'm Alright - Kenny Loggins Another that doesn't show up on my likes list any longer.
40. Rock Lobster - B-52s I never tire of this song.
41. Do That To Me One More Time - The Captain and Tenille
42. Call Me - Blondie
43. Love X Love - George Benson
44. Against The Wind - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
45. I Don't Like Mondays - Boomtown Rats
46. I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
47. Don't Push It Don't Force It - Leon Haywood
48. Remember (Walking In The Sand) - Aerosmith Can't place this song at all.
49. (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon I was so happy that John was back into music.
50. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen One of my fave Queen songs.
51. Dreamer - Supertramp How I hate Supertramp.
52. Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen Perfection.
53. It's Still Rock and Roll To Me - Billy Joel Boooorrrring.
54. Turn It On Again - Genesis
55. Special Lady - Ray Goodman and Brown
56. Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel
57. Give Me The Night - George Benson
58. Brass In Pocket - Pretenders Brilliant.
59. The Spirit Of Radio - Rush
60. Train In Vain (Stand By Me) - The Clash Oh I love them.
61. Working My Way Back To You (Forgive Me Girl) - The Spinners
62. Angeline - Allman Brothers Band
63. Alabama Getaway - Grateful Dead
64. All Out Of Love - Air Supply Too much drama for me.
65. The Breaks - Kurtis Blow
66. 99 - Toto
67. Longer - Dan Fogleberg - A really perfect love song.
68. I Got You - Split Enz
69. Don't Misunderstand Me - Rossington Collins Band
70. Dirty Water - The Inmates
71. Cars - Gary Numan Complete crap.
72. Back Of My Hand (I've Got Your Number) - The Jags
73. Say Goodbye To Little Jo - Steve Forbert The only song of his I can remember is Romeo's Tune which I loved.
74. Tired of Toein' The Line - Rocky Burnett
75. Private Idaho - B-52s

More music tomorrow for it is then that we shuffle!

Labels: , ,

6Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I love that we can like the same songs but then I can like songs you think are crap and neither one of us care! (for instance, we both love 99, but I like Cars by Gary Numan, it's so cheesey. But not your cheesey, ha ha).

I love this meme, but HOW do you do the strikeouts?? I never can figure that out.

12:34 AM  
Blogger sari said...

And you can NEVER go wrong with classic B-52's in my book.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Yeah...even my cheesy has its limits!

Do the code for strike just like you would for italics - put the word strike where you'd put the i in . I can't actually write it here because the code for strike isn't allowed in comments. You'll find this meme easier to do if you copy and paste just one song at a time and write it in "edit html" mode instead of "compose" mode.

12:50 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

You get Brass in Pocket for your 18 years, I get the Macarena.

Life is so unfair.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I stole this and put it on my blog, because I'm just like that.

I simplified (IMO) the instructions and used colors rather than font attributes.

You know I loves me some memes...:)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I searched on "poseurs" and there you was your blog......Remember the cheesy pull-down movie screen and how they used to shut down the place with "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from Life of Brian. I suspect we must have been hanging out there at the same time. Small world.

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home