http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: 750

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

750

This is my 750th post since I started this blog back in August, 2004. I'm wondering how many words I've written in all these posts? How many photos posted? How many different songs have shuffled up each Friday? Most importantly, how many dots on what must be the few dozens of bulleted lists I've written?

I have no answer so let's just add a few more. Maybe I can get that number up to 750 as well.
  • Looniest thing I've seen today: A man riding his bicycle down the street with one of those little box on wheels thing trailing behind. That wasn't the loony part. He had a twin sized mattress strapped onto the little trailer. That wasn't the loony part either. The loony part was me thinking "You know, that is actually a pretty good idea. He's getting that mattress home easier than I would be able to after trying to stuff it into my car.". Actually the really loony part was the fact that he had a big ass Rottweiler on a leash trotting beside him. A guy was riding a bike while holding a Rottweiler on a leash and had a mattress strapped on behind him. And was weaving quite well through the pedestrians. Respect!
  • Oh. I forgot to mention that above mentioned big ass Rottweiler had a stick in his mouth. Well. I say stick. It was a bit more than a stick. This was more like a branch. Really more like a limb. Why don't I ever have my camera on me when I see stuff like this on the street?
  • Lately when I pass a certain spot on the street I feel a weird mix of amusement, horror and excitement. Just down the street from my apartment a new...well...they call it a "saloon" will be opening soon. Called "Nashville" it sells itself with the three words "saloon - BBQ - line dance bar". Amusement because it just seems so incongruous in a city like Magdeburg. Horror because few things freak me out more than fake Southern or fake country stuff. Now for all I know the people running this place could be Americans. They could actually be from Nashville. They could be running a place as genuine as you'd actually find in Nashville but even so, it's the fake country Germans that are going to horrify me. Line dancing Germans. It's gonna weird me out much in the same way that Oktoberfest celebrations in the US weird me out. Excitement because they have the magic word "BBQ" on the sign. Dang. Even bad barbecue sometimes isn't so bad. And just mere meters away from my apartment to boot. I'll even settle for a really decent cheeseburger. It's dang near impossible to get a really good American style cheeseburger around where I live.
  • Easter is what? Like five and a half weeks away? For me it's a very bad time. It's the time when they sell those Milka Löffeleier - the chocolate Milka eggs that have the milk cream inside that you eat out with the little bitty spoon provided. Satan is in those eggs. I just know it. I've been very careful to avoid all Easter candy aisles at the stores but I'm sure to fall victim to their siren's song before it's all over.
  • I've considered taking and posting a picture of the literal mountain of laundry I need to do but honestly I'm afraid that you'll either think I faked it or you'll be disgusted beyond words. And I'm slightly afraid that my husband will find it and see it because at the moment he has absolutely no idea that it exists.
And don't y'all be telling on me either!

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Blogger Miz said...

The Easter candy caught me already...I adore Cadbury Mini-Eggs!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

First time visiting your blog.. I love German candy and chocolate and will be making a trip to our local German deli very soon to stock up...lucky you..ciao

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear you're right about the twins thing. I just walked into my bathroom where the washer/laundry is and I was totally stunned.

Who knew two people could even HAVE that many things let alone to wash???

Unfortunately for me Chris sees it daily. He sees it getting larger and somehow manages to not nag me. Bless him.

Can I just be frank? I can't freakin' be BOTHERED with the laundry right now. And why is it that German washing machine loads take so damned long anyway??

But ok, Germany has good chocolate *sigh*

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You're gonna have to start carrying your camera in your purse, Ms. Dixie. That would have been some pic of the guy on the bike with mattress and dog and stick! :)

And I was thinking about not those eggs but the other ones, which I haven't bought in eons. I had gotten tired of "nothing" toys and stopped buying them. But now that Easter is coming, I just KNOW they're have the good stuff agin. But will I succumb to find out?? That's the question. Ahhh. Maybe I'll hear the sirens as well.

I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open about that new saloon down the street. If it's REAL country and line dancing, that would be a hoot. You should be so lucky!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Saloon, bbq and line dancing in Madgeburg?! Go one night and let us know how it is. Especially if the bbq is any good. I'm always suspicious of bbq made out of this area. :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger christina said...

You're so funny. :-) And yeah, those fake country German types give me the creeps and I'm not even from the south. Let's see what the barbeque holds in store though, that could be great.

Laundry mountains do not scare me. I just wonder where it all comes from. We just threw away one of those recycling bags full of old/holey/mateless socks and we still have hundreds left.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I know about the whole laundry thing. And, being in a similar situation as yours, as long as I keep the door closed, Tom can't find out! Yeah, thank goodness he can't see the guest bedroom either... ;)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Aaaahahahaha Sheila! I have a guest room horror going on too.

There's one advantage to having a quad in the house - if you need to hide something bad like a mountain of dirty clothes, they can't come behind you and discover it.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home