http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - With a Bullet Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Shuffle - With a Bullet Edition

A bulleted list, that is.
  • It's possible that I'm either, at times, invisible or just plain forgettable. Remember the special lotion that I needed for B so much that I waited around, forgotten, for two hours just to get the prescription for it? Yesterday afternoon I went to my local pharmacy to get the script filled. It's a lotion that has to be blended by the pharmacist and I knew going in there that I would have to come back today to pick it up. The pharmacist's assistant gave me a pick up slip and said to come back today after 3pm. This afternoon I went out for my regular non-ass smelling milk run and picked up a crossword puzzle magazine for my MIL, dropped by the pharmacy around 5:30pm on the way back and was told - surprise! - that the pharmacist forgot to make up the lotion. "Do you live around here?" Yes, I live in the next building. "Do you have other shopping to do? You can do it and then come back." No, I've done my shopping and while I could walk home and cool my heels for twenty minutes it's puking rain and blowing a gale outside! Once I'm home, I ain't going out again! Sincere apologies were offered, I was shown to a seat where I could wait, offered a glass of water and was given yet another boring health magazine to read. By the way, did you know that cleaning your home too well is bad for you? Too much disinfection and ultra-clean can keep you from sucking in the germy stuff you need to suck in to improve your immune system. My apartment would probably give someone the Sherman tank of immune systems. In the end I got the lotion and for free a huge pile of pocket packs of tissues for my trouble.
  • Did y'all know - you not-in-Germany folks anyway - that the little pocket packs is the way tissues are sold here? It's rather uncommon to find tissues in boxes. I have no good explanation for that.
  • My MIL is in the hospital - she went in this morning for surgery on her knee. Nothing major, just that arthroscopic thing to scrape some whatever from under her kneecap. They're keeping her overnight and if all is fine in the morning she'll get to come home. We told her to call us to let us know she's okay but she didn't call. She wasn't going to be under general anesthesia but I imagine she's spent most of the day sleeping. I'm just going to assume that if the hospital didn't call to say she wasn't fine that no news is good news. The scary part though isn't the surgery or being overnight hospital. The scary part is that Aunt Annoying will be staying with her from Saturday until Tuesday. I am not going to discount someone getting a crutch upside her head.
  • They had donuts at my bakery today. Donuts are a rarity where I live. They're not something I should be indulging in but I couldn't resist having one. And it was perfect. Just a plain donut with colored sprinkles on top. Soft and squashy and perfect. If I'm going to be bad at least I did it with something absolutely perfect.
Bixente the iPod does lists but never with dots. Numbers are his thing and there are always ten. Shuffle for me, lil' guy.
  1. Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
  2. Flugzeuge Im Bauch - Herbert Grönemeyer
  3. The Weight - The Band
  4. Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
  5. Non Je Ne Regrette Rien - Edith Piaf
  6. Never Be Lonely - The Feeling
  7. Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  8. Turn On Me - The Shins
  9. Delilah - Tom Jones
  10. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Have a great weekend. Be seen somewhere good.

Labels: ,

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, German customer service... It must be that somehow we accidentally put on invisibility cloaks half the time before going out to run errands. I ran into something quite similar yesterday - at a YARN SHOP of all places! Sigh. I've heard that people are more friendly in Southern Germany, but here in Darmstadt, well... Yeah.

Hope your MIL is feeling better. Have a good weekend!

11:48 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I second the surgery thoughts - how's she doing?

Also, I love me a sprinkled donut, yum.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I am sending good wishes for your MIL. And my house will never be considered so clean that it is unhealthy. At least now I have justification for my untidy habits.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

MIL is doing fine. She was home by noon on Saturday - tired, but fine. She was having a bit too much bleeding from the incision sites but it's stopped now. She's got a doctor's appointment tomorrow and she'll start physical therapy within a few days. I visited her today and she's getting around pretty well with her crutches.

Thanks for the good wishes for her!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home