http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Potatoes - With a Floor Show

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Potatoes - With a Floor Show

My city's Christmas Market is scheduled to open next Monday (I'm practically wet-my-pants excited about that!) and so the regular weekday market stalls that occupy the old market square have been moved out to make room for the Christmas market. To where do they move them? They line the street on which I live. I walk outside my building, go through a breezeway and there it is! Clothes for sale! Purses! Socks! Household gadgets! Produce! Pork and beef! Chicken! Fish! Bakery items! Eggs! Pickles! The list goes on.

I like it when the market is up along my street. Not only is it more convenient for me but I like to watch the folks in the market. I like to see what customers buy and I like to see the sellers and how they hawk their wares. I like to see old ladies bargan with the sellers for things like a new jacket (Oh I can't pay 25€ for that. I'm on a pension. But if it were for 20...)

My favorite spot is to sit on the ledge of a fountain that's turned off for the winter because I can see the guy selling spices who like to chat with the egg guy and they get to laughing so hard over something that goes completely over my head and because they're right next to my favorite produce stand. The one where they play CDs or the radio all day long and they sing along.

Today it was 70s pop music. When I was there buying some potatoes they were singing along to T. Rex - Metal Guru to be exact but I stuck around and sat back down on the fountain ledge to listen when Slade came on with the next tune.

So cum on feel the noize
Girls rock your boys
We'll get wild, wild, wild
Wild, wild, wild

Labels: ,

5Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I love that song!!!!

1:17 AM  
Blogger sari said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me!!

1:42 AM  
Blogger J said...

I'm quite sure that Quiet Riot sung that song, not Slade. Both were two of my fav groups from yesteryear.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Well I'm not just quite sure but am positive that your quite sure is quite wrong, J, but I admire your taste in music! Cum on Feel the Noize was written by Noddy Holder, Slade's lead singer, and Jim Lea, Slade's bass player and was released by Slade in 1973. The style in which the title is written is typical Slade phonetic spelling style so that right there is a pretty big clue it's a Slade song. Quiet Riot's cover of the song came out in something like 1983 or '84.

Slade is one of my husband's all-time favorite bands. There's not too much I don't know about Slade.

9:49 PM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Well I'll be a lizard's dentures!

I always thought Quiet Riot wrote that song. I think I was in 6th grade when it came out. Ah, the days of leather pants and men with eyeliner.

Wait, I can find that on the streets in Amman any day!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home