http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Needed Treats Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Needed Treats Edition

I am a creature of habit and some habits are unbreakable. Since I was a child I've taken comfort in chocolate and little trinket-type toys. One or the other is generally a sure-fire way to lure me out of a funk. If I can have them together, so much the better.

Today was one of those touch-it-an-it-turns-to-crap days so I was rather delighted when, while reorganizing my pantry, I came across some Kinder Surprise Eggs that I'd purchased about six weeks ago, put away and promptly forgot about. Actually they're Kinder Joy eggs because Kinder Joy is what's sold here once warm weather sets in. Chocolate and toys in one fell swoop - yay! I could feel my mood lightening already.

And here's what was in two of the eggs. As ever, roll your cursor over the photo to make it change.



Chocolate, toys and Daffy and Sylvester. The third thing that's guaranteed to cheer me up.

The fourth thing that cheers me up? Bixente the iPod. Let's shuffle.
  1. Captain Jack - Billy Joel
  2. At Seventeen - Janis Ian
  3. One And The Same - Audioslave
  4. Summers End - Foo Fighters
  5. Take Me To The Pilot - Elton John
  6. Shoot The Poets - The Cribs
  7. Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
  8. Hello In There - Bette Midler
  9. Photograph - Ringo Starr
  10. Raise The Barn - Keith Urban

Labels: ,

9Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I love Daffy. I think he's most like me out of the Warner Bros. characters. It's kind of sad really, he flies off of the handle at everything and is just a schmo, but there you are.

I think I'd rather be Bugs but I'm just not that suave.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Y'know Dix, every time I buy one of these for Oscar (and one for myself) I always think of you....queen of Kinder!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Oooh...Janis Ian's "At Seventeen" - fabulous song!

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain Jack will get you high tonight! Love love love that song.

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you haven’t been affected by the floods, Dixie! As soon as I heard the news I thought of you. Keep us updated.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just ignore my last comment! I got it wrong :o Sorry for any confusion.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I love Kinder Eggs! Unfortunately back here in America the only place I know where to get them are obscure little Russian delis in Brooklyn.

2:55 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I love Kinder eggs. The first time we bought them was at the Frankfurt airport, not knowing they'd be on every store shelf in Amman. They provide great insight as to which of your children might become an engineer, too.

Love the Kinder--Kinder Bueno, Kinder Surprise, and my personal fave, Kinder Country. Who else could make chocolate covered wheat taste good?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh my goodness! I thought I was the only one who ate Kinder Country and liked it!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home