http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: If It Ain't Hot, It's Depressing

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, June 30, 2008

If It Ain't Hot, It's Depressing

One last blogging opportunity for June. One last chance for dots.
  • Germany lost to Spain 1-0 in the finals of the European championships. I suppose I could say "We were robbed!" or "Spain just got lucky!" but that would be rubbish. Germany didn't play well, Spain played better and the best team of the tournament won. And coming in second ain't so bad.

  • I'm digging the socks I'm knitting. I like the colorway of the yarn a lot. And the pattern? I adore it! It's the construction of the yarn I don't care for. I hate splitty yarn.

  • I made a peach cobbler yesterday. B can't eat peaches because he's allergic to them but he can eat fruit like peaches or apples or cherries if they've been cooked so he gets me to make him peach cobbler. I baked it in the afternoon and the smell was driving me mad. All peachy and buttery and cinnamony. When it came out of the oven I didn't wait long enough for it to cool to a reasonable eating temperature so it was like digging in to molten lava. But a delicious, peachy molten lava. And I have the scorched tongue to prove it.

  • After watching the depressing football final B and I settled down to watch Babel. Now there's a "feel good" kind of film! I vaguely knew the plot of the film and had heard many good things about it so I had been looking forward to seeing it. And now I have one question. How in the hell did I watch that whole film without saying "This is boring! Let's watch something else!"? Was there something about the character of Susan that just screamed to be played by Cate Blanchett? And at what point was anyone going to calm the hell down and employ a little logical thinking? I supposed I'm just thick but I didn't see the point of a 2 hour and 23 minute film whose only message seemed to be "People make some dumb ass decisions.", I don't give a crap about how artfully it's presented.

  • A heatwave is moving in here by Thursday. Wooohooo! 37°C people - Bring. It. On! Get your tickets now to hear me bitch and complain about how miserable it is!

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Ugh. And I thought I had it bad with the heat... we may actually be in for a little relief come this weekend.

I moved into a new apartment yesterday... on the street side of my building, rather than the field side... and I got to hear a lot of very happy Spaniards late into the night!

12:21 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

Babel was one of those films I wanted to like because the critics did. I hated it. I kept thinking of a nanny trying to take my kids to her son's wedding across the border and wanted to throw up. The whole film depressed me and made me sick. I usually have quite an open mind with all movies, but this one truly was horrid. Sorry if I offend any Babel lovers.

I made a peach cobbler on Friday and took it to my in-laws, who are traditionally not eaters of hot fruit. I doubled the recipe just in case they liked it. It vanished in under four minutes, and that was without vanilla ice cream to put on top. Kids have already begged for another one, the only thing is I have to keep the oven on for an hour straight, which means I will be awfully grumpy from the hot kitchen.

Three cheers for hot fruit pies!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh what I wouldn't give for a piece of that cobbler.

I'm going to close my eyes and dream about it.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

Wow that is hot. I didn't like Babel all that much either, we kept expecting there to be more.

3:00 PM  
Blogger sari said...

well since I haven't had any urges to see babel, I won't. but the cobbler sounds divine! heat wave or not, that's worth using the oven.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Yummm cobbler.

Babel? Haven't seen, and have no desire to.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home