http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Getting the Nudge

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Getting the Nudge

I've been feeling utterly uninspired lately. I haven't been out to do anything worth blogging about (Hey folks! Wanna hear about how I walked to the mailbox today? Great!) and I don't want to turn this blog into a laundry list of complaints (Hey folks! It's hot here today! Again! Wanna hear me bitch about it? Great!). I write less which makes me even less inspired which makes me write less which further dampens inspiration and no blogging gets done (Hey folks! Wanna me to skip another day of blogging? Great!).

In an effort to find some sort of inspiration I've turned to NaBloPoMo. While I normally only do the write-a-blog-entry-every-day thing in the traditional NaBloPoMo month of November, NaBloPoMo now runs year 'round and they have monthly themes to help folks keep up with their daily writing. July's theme is food. This is great! I eat food. I cook it. I buy it. I grew up on Southern cuisine and now live with German cuisine! I won't be blogging every day this month but I could certainly get back to a regular writing routine if I write about food! And pictures! Food is a natural for pictures!

I'm so giddy about my new found inspiration I may need to have an ice cream sandwich.

Labels:

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I do believe I barraged you with questions about southern cuisine several months ago.. but any cuisine'll do! Bring it on. {tucks napkin in collar}

11:36 PM  
Blogger TitanKT said...

I'm doing it this month, too, Dixie. And check out Erik over at The Electronic Replicant, he's blogging NaBloPoMo this month, too.

12:26 AM  
Blogger sari said...

Erik makes me laugh.

Is it sad that I eat ice cream EVERY DAY? And popcorn. Ice cream after dinner, then popcorn later while I watch tv.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I still make your spanish rice recipe for my family about once a week, my husband is so very grateful to you.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home