http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: New addition to the family

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, January 16, 2006

New addition to the family

As I have a wonderfully generous and indulgent husband I was able to open my birthday gift from him when it arrived in the post today instead of having to wait until Thursday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I take great pleasure in introducing to you my new iPod Nano. He is tiny. He is cute. He's filled with music and I adore him. His name is Bixente. Bixente the iPod. Points to those who can figure out from where I've taken his name.

I'm not fond of the ear buds since they don't fit terribly well in my tiny ears but if that's the worst experience I have with Bixente I will be more than pleased. I've spent the afternoon petting and polishing him and I just know I'll be crushed when he gets his first scratch. I've turned into a doting iPod mother.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should knit bixente an ipod cozy. manny is getting one as soon as i can find the yarn i want to use for it. :)

also, i also don't like the earbuds, but find that regular headphones work fabulously. :)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

He really cute. I'm having so much fun with mine. I don't like the earbuds either -- they're huge.

I cheated -- I looked it up to find out who Bixente is.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Haddock said...

Wow - excellant present. Pre-birthday greetings for Thursday :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I got my first mp3 player just over two years ago and my iPod is much better. Of course technology has improved a lot in the past two years.

I got to where I hardly used my old mp3 player. It constantly skipped when I had it in my pocket and it didn't hold but 128 MB. Going from it to an iPod is like going from a Pinto to a Mercedes.

9:02 PM  
Blogger amulbunny's random thoughts said...

I loves me my pink Ipod. The errant husband bought me a late Christmas present this weekend when he got me an I-Sound. I stand the little pinky in it and plug it in and voila my speakers send my music out into the air and I don't have to wear my earphones around the house when I am alone. It's so nice. And I still have over a gig of room left to fill up. Whee!

Enjoy Bixente and take good care of him.

annie

10:56 PM  
Blogger christina said...

He's a thing of beauty! I'm a rank beginner when it comes to mp3 players, iPods and whatever simply because I cannot stand to have those ear buds in my ears. I really should try normal headphones but I guess those are not cool, huh?

Gettin' ready to party tomorrow?:-)

11:08 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Oops, I mean getting read to party on Thursday! Duh. You'd think I'd at least occasionally know what day it was.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I'm heading my hips on up to Saturn this week to get some different earphones. Sony makes some little ones that just hook over your ears - nothing actually jammed into your ears.

Maybe it's something in the air because all day I've thought it was Wednesday.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool gift! Happy Birthday! I celebrated mine the week before.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home