http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: My passport needs a-stampin'

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, January 09, 2006

My passport needs a-stampin'

I want to go to London. Maybe I want to go to other places in England too but I've been to London and liked it there a lot so if I went to just one place in England I'd go there. Just want to see some English stuff and hang around some English people and watch some English TV and hear English spoken all around me. Go to an English supermarket and look at the stuff and see what they've got that I can also get in Germany and what stuff I can also get in the US and what stuff it just for England. Find PG Tips for sale everywhere. Stuff myself on chocolate HobNobs (nobbly and oaty!) until my colon cries out for me to stop. Go to book shops and yarn stores and still become ridiculously amused when I hear "Mind the gap". Go to a pub. I never made it to a pub when I was last there.

I'd like to go to Scotland too and hang out with some Scottish people and groove on their Scottishness but everything's uphill and I'm too lazy for that.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well come on over, then! might want to wait for less shitty weather, though.

1:18 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Yeah, London! I haven't been there since my honeymoon in 1990. And the last (OK, and first) time I was in Scotland I was 16! How time flies...

Actually, when I think about it, I travelled around Europe way more when I wasn't actually living here. Go figure.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Candace, you're the one who's gonna take me to the pub!

When I was last in London it was February. Next time I want to see London when I'm not having to get all bundled up.

9:21 PM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

Hmmm, I don't remember reading the sentence that says : "I want to go to Manchester and see my Sweater Muffin buddy who will take me to a pub, to see any football stadium I require and drink much wine and beer with. And compare bras"

Although, you know I am IN London if you are going to be there, by hook or by crook.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Zoe, c'mon down! And we'll get Sally to hang with us too.

I just figured that if you came to London you'd have a better chance of running into Jose...

10:02 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I recommend Ryanair. We flew on this airline from Italy to London. The prices are for real and then you can hop on a train to London. Go for it!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

We have good pubs in Birmingham! Most of them think they're Irish, though, so two countries for the price of one! Woo-hoo! I have big issues about how the second biggest city in Britain is always overlooked, so I'm thrilled to give us this shout out.

Weather is incredibly shitty right now though.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I can see this turning into a thing where I spend a couple weeks in England just to get around to all the cool spots (read: pubs).

I guess then I don't have to fret about the weather.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

And now we have "continental style" 24 hour drinking. Only the British, on average, do not have the continental style grown-up attitude to enjoying alcoholic beverages and savouring the quality. No we just want to get pissed (inebriated, blotto, smashed, drunk, wasted: not the american pissed, meaning annoyed, I hasten to add.) We don't want to drink well, we want to drink lots. We don't want to communicate as we drink, we want to smash each other's faces in. There are a lot of friendly, wonderful people rotting their livers in British pubs, seek them out and their charming life stories. However, should you spend any time in a BritPub, keep one eye open for the idiots who've already destroyed their own brain cells and want to destroy some more. (I didn't mean to write this much).

Can I just point out my proud English loyalty is profoundly tempered by continental intelligence!

Jemima von Schindelberg

ps: are the Europeans really as sensible as our media tells us they are?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home