http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Tagged, Part II

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tagged, Part II

One more meme and I'm all caught up! Check me out! Ticking stuff off my "to do" list and all!

This tagging comes from Spinning Sue. She's Australian! And lives in the U.K.! Out in the country! And she posts lots of pictures of where she lives! And she knits! She's a very good knitter too and encourages me to be a better knitter. And she spins her own wool! Dyes and spins her own wool! How's that for cool? And her dog, Max, is cute! Go check her out and drool over her knitted goodies and her yummy wool.

Seven Times Seven Meme:

Seven things to do before I die:
~ Knit a cardigan and have it be right.
~ Learn to knit socks.
~ Visit B's cousins in Adelaide, Australia.
~ Read an entire novel in German with no assistance.
~ Visit Scotland and hang out with some groovy Scottish people.
~ See Bayern-München play live.
~ Have perfume made just for me.

Seven things I cannot do:
~ Knit Continental style - well I can some but it takes my MIL standing over me to do it right.
~ Resist red velvet cake.
~ Drink coffee.
~ Tolerate skinheads.
~ Like George W. Bu$h.
~ Listen to techno music.
~ Watch Paris Hilton on TV for more than ten seconds.

Seven things that attract me to blogging:
~ The ability to keep track of my life without writing a diary.
~ The chance to get to know people from around the world.
~ The humor I find on the blogs of others.
~ The chance to improve my own writing.
~ The chance it gives my friends to easily keep up with my life.
~ The ability to read and comment on current events.
~ The great idea and inspiration I get from others.

Seven things I say most often:
~ Whatcha need sweetheart?
~ Love you.
~ Scheisse.
~ Shit. (I love that word in any language.)
~ Ohdearlord!
~ Ach so!
~ Bitte?

Seven books that I love:
~ To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
~ The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
~ The Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
~ She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb
~ Stones from the River - Ursula Hegi
~ Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Chistopher Moore
~ A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving

Seven movies I watch over and over again:

~ To Kill a Mockingbird
~ The Best Years of Our Lives
~ Das Wunder von Bern
~ Der Himmel über Berlin (English title: Wings of Desire)
~ The Searchers
~ Pulp Fiction
~ Love...Actually

Won't tag here either but go ahead and do it if you want. Live it up. Have a little mindless fun.

6Comments:

Blogger amulbunny's random thoughts said...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, lieber Dixie Pfirsich des Ginormous Gehirns,
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

ann

PS....scheisse is one of my alltime favorite words too.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

Blush! You make me sound wonderful and I haven't knitted a stitch, spun or dyed anything all week because I've been a bit frantic at work! Thanks for doing the meme I love finding out a bit more about people!

The weird thing - I'm from Adelaide!

Sue
(still blushing!)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

Hey now! Whats going on there dixy? I saw a comment you left someplace and just had to jump over and see what your doing. Do ya realize Werder Bremen is gonna jump up and whoop Both Hamburg and Bayern as soon as this craz long break is over? I had the pleasure of seeing Werder Bremen play live a few months ago. I blogged it with some pics. Dixie would you mind if I was to put a link to you on my blog? I like what your doing here.

7:25 AM  
Blogger BarefootCajun said...

I absolutely LOVED "Stones From the River". But I have to admit that I HATED "She's Come Undone". I just couldn't make myself like Dolores.

Happy Birthday, my friend! You catch up with me today. [vbg]

8:44 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sue! I'm so excited to find out that you're from Adelaide. I've never been there but my husband spent three months there with his cousins about 15 years ago. He loved it. Still talks about it all the time.

And you're more than worth the plug for your blog.

Rich - feel free to link me. And you're dead wrong about Bremen, my new friend. Bayern's practically got the championship sewed up!

Lisa, you're making me want to come to Aachen to watch movies with you and get some perfume made.

Ann and Michele, thanks for the birthday wishes. Love you both.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

I missed your birthday? Darn! Happy belated birthday anyway - and I hope you celebrated well.

Having my own "signature scent" is a dream of mine too... and having seen the prices that get charged, I fear it will remain so....

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home