http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Shhhh! Not So Loud! Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Shhhh! Not So Loud! Edition

Now let's keep it down around here today. I have a headache. A big headache. An ache has come along and taken my head hostage. It's an insurgent headache. I had to get all "shock and awe" on my headache and down an 800mg tablet of Ibuprofen that was the size of the upper half of my thumb. So far it hasn't worked. Time to use diplomacy. Call in negotiators and threaten my headache with sanctions.

I know how this headache got in the position to invade my skull. On Tuesday it was 68°F. Today it was about 50°F and come Sunday it'll be about 35°F. I don't handle quickly changing weather very well (and so I moved to Germany where quickly changing weather is a staple this time of year) and it's kept me out of sorts all day. I took what was supposed to be quick 30 minute nap that turned into a 2 1/2 hour snore-and-drool-a-thon and in that time my headache grew to gigantic proportions. It didn't just pitch a tent for a comfortable stay - it built a subdivision and a strip mall.

However, Bixente the iPod is feeling fine and is ready to shuffle. I may have to forgo the earphones as I don't know if I can stand music being drilled directly into my head. Or maybe I should do the opposite. I'll treat it as an opportunity to get all "Give up, Noriega!" on my head pain - you know, pump in music at extreme volume in order to secure a surrender.
  1. She Moves In Her Own Way - The Kooks
  2. Why Won't You Give Me Your Love - The Zutons
  3. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
  4. Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man - Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty
  5. Batucada - Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
  6. She's The Only One - The Rifles
  7. Mari-Mac - Great Big Sea
  8. I Will - The Beatles
  9. Jungle Boogie - Kool & The Gang
  10. Wish (Komm Zu Mir) - Franka Potente & Thomas D
Feeling better already. Bixente the iPod always knows just what to do.

Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

Gotta love Jungle Boogie. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction=:)

2:26 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I have to say I actually don't recognize most of that music! How exciting!

I sure hope you're feeling better.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm whispering. I have a burning question I just can't hold in any longer... how did Bixente the ipod get his name? And how do you pronounce it?

>^..^<

9:41 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Jungle Boogie is actually ripped from my Pulp Fiction soundtrack!

Sari - I love that I'm expanding your musical horizons. :)

Kitty - Bixente the iPod is named for Bixente Lizarazu - he's a French - Basque, actually - soccer player that played for the French national team and for my favorite European club team, Bayern-München and was one of my favorite players. He's a short guy - only 1.69 meters - but powerful and since my iPod Nano is little and powerful I named it Bixente. I've heard Germans prounounce his name "Bee-zhen-tee" but maybe it's sounds a little different said in French. You're the resident French speaker around here!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home