http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Stylin'

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Stylin'

The big push for the kitchen changeover is on. I started yesterday clearing out junk from the cabinets. I haven't as of yet moved things out of the cabinets so they can be removed but the shit I'm throwing out is being thrown out and once I can clear some space in my spare room I can get the dishes, glasses, cookware, etc. moved out. It's going easier than I expected. Actually everything so far has been not so bad. I guess the worst part will be living with no kitchen but really, since I'll have my old refrigerator still until the new one is delivered, it shouldn't be so bad. I only cook once a day - actually usually once every other day since I normally cook things that we can eat for two days - and I'll have my brand-spanking new microwave that's still in the box and I'll have the fridge and if we eat from paper most of the time and try to keep the dirty dishes to a minimum it won't be such a pain in the ass week after all.

Had my hair done today. I am a stickler for keeping my every-six-weeks hair appointments and my gray roots thank me for it. I have also found the hairstyle that I think suits me well but this time I asked for a modification. My hair has been collar length and while that's great, in the summer it's maddening. It's quite thick and for me to put it in a pony tail or in some other style to get it off my neck when it's warm it's going to have to be quite a bit longer. And I doubt my hair is going to grow enough before warm weather sets in. Without my hair put up on hot days I'm simply smothering. I made the decision then to cut my hair shorter for the summer and then in fall I can grow it out again and if I want it long for next summer I can have it grown out enough by then to pony tail on hot days.

So I tell Katrin "Let's do the same style but shorter for summer, okay?". She agrees and asks "How much shorter and I give her one of those "Oh about this much." signs with my fingers.

Can I take this opportunity to say that when you're making such a determination that maybe using actual measurements would be better? Because she took me by my thumb-and-forefinger word for it and cut the shit out of my hair. The top is great but the bottom is...short. but not freakish short or ugly short. More like "Damn, I didn't think ''bout that much' would be that much!". My hair now goes to just below my ears. At least it doesn't violate my do-not-cut-my-hair-up-over-my-ears rule and I can sweep my hair behind my ears if I wish.

And I have to admit that while it's shocking now it'll be much cooler for summer. Maybe I'll keep it this way or maybe just a wee bit longer. And all the layers I'd been trying to grow out are definitely gone!

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dix, i you hair sounds adorable. you have the best hair.

i'm thinking about going short too!!!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'll take a picture of it when I have a very good hair day. Today was bad because it's one of those can't-stop-raining-for-a-second days.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIm, I bet it looks great- I love that you said you have a "Not above the ears rule" and it wasnt violated! LOL!

I bet you look smashing!
Moll

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home