http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - I-Need-to-Reload-Bixente Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday Shuffle - I-Need-to-Reload-Bixente Edition

...but am too lazy to take care of it. It's the story of my day - need to, want to, too lazy to.
  1. Memories are Made of This - Dean Martin
  2. Knoxville Girl - Lemonheads
  3. Eight Days a Week - The Beatles
  4. Love Like a Bomb - Oasis
  5. Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
  6. Devoted to You - Everly Brothers
  7. Somebody to Love - Queen
  8. Dancing Queen - ABBA
  9. Look Through Any Window - The Hollies
  10. Bad Day - REM
~ All in all a day of doing what really, really, really had to be accomplished and giving a half-hearted stab and a promise to do better tomorrow at the things that weren't strictly front burner.

~ Laundry needs to be pulled off the back burner else I'll be down to wearing tatty, greyed panties and socks I've owned since Reagan was president.

~ I'm currently on a dishrag knitting kick. Doesn't it seem ridiculous to spend 3 1/2 hours knitting something I'm going to use to wipe greasy crud off of dishes, especially since I can buy a pack of dishrags for about a buck? Still, I can't stop it and coupled with the fact that it's ridding my stash of cotton yarn that I don't especially like anyway it doesn't seem like a complete waste of time. And by golly they do make some damn good dishrags.

~ Lottie the Sock Monkey is in desperate need of a new outfit. Perhaps I can learn to fashion knitted dishrags into a stunning ensemble.

~ Swatching for the Knitting Olympics begins tomorrow if I can put down my dishrag knitting long enough. I figure if I don't screw it up and have to rip it back, I should finish the baby blanket within the time allotted if I knit about sixteen rows a day although I have to say this pattern isn't written terribly well as far as I can tell. I have a feeling that after swatching I'll end up making changes to the pattern anyway.

~ Why isn't fluid caramel a cure for something? Anything that good should be a cure for something.

Y'all dig the mostest on your weekends.

4Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I am such a slug! I have two new-to-Lottie outfits that have been sitting in my dresser for a month. They belonged to one of my sock monkeys, I swear I was just at the post office today, what's wrong with me? And why are my sentences so darn run-on and long? And they start with "and"?

Argh! It must be Friday!

I promise, Lottie will have a package in the mail early next week. I hope she likes pink.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the caramel. Some people have a jones for chocolate, but not me. Give me caramel! Especially caramel in, on or with vanilla (especially ice cream). Hagen Daz never did anything so wonderful as Dulce De Leche ice cream. No nuts or other stuff in there to junk it up... just pure, soft, beautiful vanilla and caramel. I never buy it because I just eat it.

Another big favorite is caramel sauce on Bluebell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Oh help me! Must. Stop. Talking. About it. Now.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Anything by Abba is absolutely one of my top favorites. I always keep it downloaded on my computer and listen to it for a quick pick up, especially Fernando!

And Dean Martin, classic.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm also a caramel person -- I jones for it like some people do chocolate or coffee. I absolutely think it should be a cure for something -- anything.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home