http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Clue found

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Clue found

Leave it up to my clever friends. The Barefooted One was able to figure out what I was doing wrong with the Cozy pattern. Thank God and all his little chubby angels that I have clever friends. Of course now B will not like her since figuring out the pattern means I can now go out and spend lots and lots of money on silk to knit this wrap.

Nah. Won't happen. B thinks she's very groovy. Me too.

Now don't run away yet, non-knitters. We have pictures! Proof that I can actually knit something.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is the baby blanket I knit for my friend, Tiffany. It's for her two-year-old and I figured he needed something a little more big boyish. It's just a simple stockingette stitch with a garter stitch border and it shows off the veriegated colors very nicely.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Close up. Feel free to ooh and ahh.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Finished and, at the time the photo was taken, unblocked baby blanket for my friend, Zea's, little girl.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I love this part where the four different sections meet.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And I love the moss stitch border. So puffy and squishy with this soft, soft yarn.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Couldn't you just run your fingers over that all day?

And as for non-knitting related goings on...

B's dermatologist was here today and pronounced his missing toenail very clean and good looking - for a missing toenail, that is. He also nearly laughed himself silly when I told him I was the one who tore off the loose nail. He knows I'm such a weenie about such things. Told him I nearly fainted and he damn near wet his pants.

Nothing more today. Just longing for some warmer weather so I can wash my ski jacket. It's starting to smell weird.

5Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

Gorgeous stuff!

I posted further instructions on the thread on the porch as follows:

Ok. As I understand, a YO is simply placing the yarn over the needle in the direction you're given. On a YO before a knit stitch, you put the yarn around your right needle from front to back so that it will be in place for the next stitch, which in this case would be the k2tog. So that when you finish the YO and k2tog you've placed two stitches in your right needle. On a YO before a purl stitch, you put the yarn around your right needle from back to front so that you're ready to make the purl.

Am I making sense? If not, call me tonight at home and we'll walk through it.

Ok, now I'm scared of me because I actually understand this stuff.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

No, no, no...it makes perfect sense! I was reading the pattern wrong! I knew how a yarn over was made but I didn't understand how it was written in a pattern. I was thinking YO meant "put the yarn over and knit a single stitch" but when you think about it, that's stupid. If that were true then you'd never make a YO on a purl stich and I know that YOs can be purled.

IRA dork.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

You clearly are NOT a dork, Dixie, if you can knit such beautiful stuff. You actually made ME want to knit for a second there. So glad you had someone (else) to help you figure out the deciphering!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You almost make me want to knit too, Dix. Those are beautiful -- I love Zea's baby's blanket.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You know, Ginnie, that knitting is the perfect portable hobby!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home