http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: 5-7-5

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

5-7-5

My day summed up in Japanese style poetry.

Alarm rings too soon
Still sleepy, slap down snooze bar
Take five minute naps

Eyes bleary and red
Attempt to put in contacts
My eyes jerk away.

Trip to hairdresser
Didn't come from there gorgeous
I already was.

Red goo brushed on hair
Smelly, sticky, stains my scalp
And covers the gray.

Settle back with book
Glass of chilled water there too
Nice to feel pampered.

Bangs snipped, ends trimmed too
Blow dryer and big round brush
Hair fluffed into place.

Wielding giant can
Stylist laquers hair in place
It's a hairspray fog.

Back home, still sleepy
Lay on sofa for a nap
Hair is all crunchy.


Tomorrow's events include washing my hair to break through the varnish.

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does germany have a monopoly on hairspray or is that just your southern woman coming out?

1:14 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

HA! I love it. I especially love the title "5-7-5!"

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do they do that, I wonder? Sometimes they ask me and sometimes they don't, but always they'll spray, gel, and then spray some more, and by the time I escape you couldn't dent my hair with a diamond head drill.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home